Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2Box Finally Spreading Out through US Retail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Box Finally Spreading Out through US Retail.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?sB=r&Ntt=2Box

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/D...=2Box&src=2Box

http://stores.cymbalismmusic.com/-st...Categories.bok

...I'm sure their will be others too as Hoshino and TAMA make their rounds after NAMM.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Yeah, saw that Dan. Yeah I really wish 2 box well and I am very happy with the module . Been having fun playing it

Comment

yes! Yes! YES!

It's about time, huh? - Though (to put things into perspective) we all know that Cymbalism was there when others weren't - like the small Gallian village, selling 2box, when they had 'em!

And if Hemiboy's reports from 3-4 days ago are anything to go by, I wouldn't bet to much on the 'Banjo Center'......!

THat's not say, of course, that I'm not excited!

Go Orange, Go!
      Greetings from Switzerland,
      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

• hemiboy
        hemiboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just reporting what was on banjo center's website . Once again I had to buy from them because I needed financing which at the time was not available at Cymbalism. I spoke to Scott at cymbalism at the time and would have bought there . Nice guy and very informative! Next time Scott. Banjo center was a nightmare

• scothut
        scothut commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Next time for sure just let us know if you need anything.

And let's not forget Stephen at Electronic Drum Center. That's where I got my module. Glad to see some exposure now. I've been enjoying getting familiar with the module and I look forward to future improvements.
      TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

Enjoy, my American friends! And the color orange on 2Box is the Dutch Royal color (one of the designers was Dutch). I respect the Stars and Stripes, makes it easier for you to stand the orange.
      E-gear: 2Box Drumit Five MkII, SD-card mod, 32 GB, extra cymbal & tom, modified rack, Zildjian Gen16 480 - DSP box, A&H ZED10FX mixer, Philips Headset. Balbex 2B hickory sticks.

Comment

The orange is a hideous choice for a drum color. I respect the national color of the Dutch but that doesn't mean I want it on my drums/module. I don't have red, white, and blue drum shells with a matching module that looks like the American flag. They could have offered a "limited edition" Dutch color in honor of their heritage but if they want to get main stream acceptance in the industry they need to realize that an orange drum set will not pass the "WAF" (wife acceptance factor) that many drummers must adhere to. Standard black, silver would be less "harsh" on the eyes in a normal room decor.

Comment

• Greg The Groove
          Greg The Groove commented
          Editing a comment
          Very well said. As good as the module is and all it's capable of with VST converted sounds, nobody will ever know because nobody in their minds will want the actual drum kit. It looks like a toy. Not when Roland is putting out the kits they are that look good. And others for that matter.

• fulrmr(Daniel)
          fulrmr(Daniel) commented
          Editing a comment
          Not fond of the orange either...but DDrum did very well with their bold color. Besides...the color is very easy to change....Rob painted his black.....and mine's chrome. Sometimes one has to quit griping and look past the external qualities to benefit from what's inside. Just change the color when you do the card mod....both will be very satisfying.

On that note...give them a bit to get established...who knows whats in their future. A color change just might be on the list...after all even Gen16 listened and came out with a bronze version.

• hairmetal-81
          hairmetal-81 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think this is why 'Double Blindfold Tests' were invented in the first place....

"WAF" - hilarious. :-)
        Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
        Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
        Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

Originally posted by kurth83 View Post
          "WAF" - hilarious. :-)
          Mental note: color blind wives are the best match here. And you can always paint those pads into black, like Roland.
          E-gear: 2Box Drumit Five MkII, SD-card mod, 32 GB, extra cymbal & tom, modified rack, Zildjian Gen16 480 - DSP box, A&H ZED10FX mixer, Philips Headset. Balbex 2B hickory sticks.

Comment

How about something besides orange? Don't be alarmed it is only a test to see what people might think of a dif color choice. I suggested maybe try ..... black, white, silver/gray maybe
            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

And yes, the container shipments of 2Box kits/modules already landed in the US a few days ago.
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

What is it that you (anyone playing it) love about the 2Box module? I have a TD15-KV kit that I'm replacing pretty much everything on (drums themselves and rack), if I get a second module I can turn my existing kit into a mini secondary kit, and I've heard people say good things about the 2Box modules but being honest, I don't understand a lot of it, being reasonably new to any kind of drumming, and even newer to actually researching what I want out of my drums.

Is a 2Box module really easy to use, or is it all about the tweaking options?

I have to say I'm not a fan of the orange, and it won't match my new drums at all, but I'm sure I could wrap most of it in a different coloured vinyl...
                Last edited by Oenone; 01-25-14, 12:27 AM. Reason: More details.
                Kaiju
                Roland TD-15KV module and cymbals, Gen 16 AE rack, Gen 16 AE cymbals, Diamond Electronic Drums, Tama HP300 single pedal, Lectric Moo, Carmichael throne

Comment

Jman, those different colors make it look like it should be played with Rock Band because of the different colored controllers. Im just a fan of actual shells. Im not sure how much the Roland patent weighs in on it but the kit no matter what color just has never been appealing to me even though it plays and triggers well. The drum module, well you know I love it!!!
                  - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
                  - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Wow! Those colors are freakin bright! Though i likebthe green better thsn the orange....im still not fond of the pallet. Yep....black...white....or even raw aluminum would lok much nicer.
                    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I had a trawl through the vdrums.com archives.
                      ...and look what post I've found from January 24, 2012:

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post

And I sure would be looking forward to see the result!
                      I think some new finishes would be awesome, complementing the stock orange. I envision 'Piano Ivory', 'Bright Green', or a 'Classic Clavia Red'.

...who knows, if someone important in charge hasn't read this.....

Green clicks with me for sure, absolutely would play this! Now I'm waiting to see a 'Piano Ivory'-finished module or pads! .

..maybe in two more years...!

Greetings from Switzerland,
                      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Dan, did you have your module painted professionally , do it yourself or wrap it some how with a chrome wrap?

Comment

Working...
                        X