Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a DTX700K......but the 562 Hi Hat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a DTX700K......but the 562 Hi Hat?

Hi All, Yesterday after a couple of months of pretty intense research I put a Yamaha DTX700K on layby ( to be paid off in 3 months) This was mainly because I couldn't ignore the awesome deal that I was offered at $1,750 for the complete brand new kit including Yamaha kick pedal. I'm quite a DIY kinda guy and I so wanted to build a DIY Roland kit (by the way I'm impartial to the silicon v mesh debate - I like either) and was really looking forward to it but in the end the total features for the price won me over. However the main question I have for you guys is this: During my research I played just about every kit on offer from Roland and Yamaha from entry level to top of the range and one thing that I noticed was that the RHH135 on the DTX562 that I played seemed to play a bit more " nicely" than the same model hihat on the DTX700. After reading the good advice from a lot of you folk on this forum I made sure that I factory defaulted both kits before playing them but again the hi hats on the 562 seemed to be a little louder and clearer on the 562 where I could hear more detail and nuances so to speak. I tweaked the volume sliders and tried different kits on the 700 which improved it a bit but I still liked the 562 better. Is this a difference between the 502 and 700 module? Actually now that I think of it I also had on Roland RH200 model headphones with the 562 and cheaper more crappy ones on the 700. Do headsets make that much of a difference? (Given the the 700 is meant to be the better kit I'm hoping that they do). I went to the once and for all headphone link up above but it seems to have had it guts deleted. Cheers guys.

Of course, better headphones will give better sound and definition. Time to put some of that money saved towards a nice set of head/ear phones. Also, I never played with the 502 module, but I'm pretty sure that more tweaks are available on the 700 module. You will have to dig into the manual to find out how to use your new module. Happy drumming!
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by Swainy View Post
      (...) I played just about every kit on offer from Roland and Yamaha from entry level to top of the range and one thing that I noticed was that the RHH135 on the DTX562 that I played seemed to play a bit more " nicely" than the same model hihat on the DTX700.
      This has very likely a lot to do with the fact that the module that comes with the DTX562-kit is the stunning DTX-502 ....the newest (or at least a whole lot newer than the DTX-700) it was introduced at Musikmesse last year, and offers the newest triggering-technology of all Yamaha modules, currently.

The DTX-700 was introduced at NAMM 2011, and might just be on its way out, to be replaced by a succesor product featuring the new 502 technology....

A good pair of headphones have a deciding effect on how you perform, and how you perceive the modules' built-in sounds, for sure!

Last edited by hairmetal-81; 01-21-14, 01:26 PM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Yeah thanks guys. I was suspecting both of the things that you guys mentioned in your answers. I guess that's why I got the kit so cheap. I'll be doing every bit of tweaking that I can in the module and buying a set of those great RH200 headphones as well. I'm sure that the DTX700 module will do me pretty nicely for a while. I can always upgrade the module (and other pieces) later if needed. I'm hoping that Yamaha might bring out a firmware update for the module one day maybe? I'm sure that I read somewhere in the past they did that for the DTXIII Extreme module etc so here's hoping.

Comment

Working...
        X