Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Hat Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Hat Pedal

Back in 2006 I bought a Roland kit with a FD8 Hit Hat Pedal. After 2 months it was next to useless. After 6 months it was totally useless. Im thinking of buying a new one but before I do I would like to know if they are anygood now. Have they been improved or are they still crap ?????????

Before you go dropping the cash on a new one there is a whole thread on here about improvements one can make to the FD-8 - they range from the simple (lubricating the rubber tang) to the slightly more adventurous (drilling holes in the tang, adding tape to the FSR to improve sensitivity).

Here it is:
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ad...olume-and-feel

But before you try anything, or buy anything - I would at least do the "vaseline on the tang" trick - a bit of (ideally silicone based) lubricant between the metal pusher and the rubber tang makes a huge difference.

If you do cop for buying another, look for a used FD-7 - its a way better pedal (though has a bigger footprint)
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

If you can afford it, upgrading to a VH-11 is beyond worth it.
      Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

I have a very functional FD-8 that I will sell to you for a reasonable price if you're intersted

Comment

Working...
        X