Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can this be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can this be?

Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

A few options:
    1) Randomization/Humanization (2 same hits on same pad generate slightly different sounds -> avoids machine gunning)
    2) You hit the pad differently? (did you do a manual test or replay of existing midi pattern?)
    3) There is another parameter in the sound pipeline that you missed?

-- Greg

Comment

Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Comment

I found it I found it I found it. In the most unlikely place. It was the snare buzz setting in the instrument section. Because every snare is a little bit different, It was making the kick sound a tad different for each bank. Even though I wasn't even working on the snare itself, the buzz was carrying thru in the settings. I turned them all off and lo and behold they sounded the same. It's unusual too because it wasn't only a buzz sound, but a pitch change from the snare added a pitch shift in the kick as well...OMG how obscure was that!

Comment

Working...
        X