Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording and syncing TD-15/Mac/Audacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording and syncing TD-15/Mac/Audacity

Hi all,

I finally have my drums recording good in Audacity on my MacBook from my TD-15KV. I'm doing it with the USB connection between the TD-15 and my Mac. The next thing I need to figure out is how to sync my playing with the song I'm playing to. Right now when I play along I'm using the line in on my drums which I have an iPod connected to. I play on my iPod, goes through the line in on my drums, and I play along - the drums are being recorded on the Mac, but not the song coming from my iPod. Any advice on how to get a recording of the drums and the play along song? I guess I could use the headphone out into the mac - but what if I want to sync a song with my drum track in Audacity? What do you guys do?

I would import/drag-and-drop the audio-file of your mp3 player into audacity, onto a separate track! Then, create a new track to record your drums on. This will give you dedicated tracks for both playback and drums, and ensures everything will be in sync.
    Last edited by hairmetal-81; 01-11-14, 07:33 PM. Reason: spell check

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

• perceval
      perceval commented
      Editing a comment
      Bingo! except, it's Audacity, not audiocity... he he!

• hairmetal-81
      hairmetal-81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoops! ...that my friend was a typo of the meanest kind! Consider corrected!
Working...
X