Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DITI (Now called EVE) will be at NAMM with ADAM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DITI (Now called EVE) will be at NAMM with ADAM

    Just found out today that Alternate Mode has a new TMI (Trigger Midi Interface) and sound module that work together called ADAM & EVE. EVE is the DITI.

    DITI now EVE (Alternate Mode) at NAMM 2014!
    alesisDRUMMER.com

  • #2
    Interesting indeed.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

    Comment


    • #3
      That thing has been vaporware for so long... I'll believe it when I see it!
      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

      My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Alternate Mode will not be at NAMM and I doubt the DITI will be sold by KAT Percussion or Aquarian. If there is any truth to this, it would be an Alternate Mode product, like the TrapKAT. A call to Alternate Mode would sort it out for once and for all.
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

        Comment


        • #5
          The problem these folks have is getting from concept to market. Last NANM they demoed a drum set with in-head heads. To this date, they have only released the snare. There should be no viable reason why the other sizes are not available yet. The product has received enormous interest and support thus far. No doubt, this is great technology but it needs to be in the hands of a more capable company that can get the product from R&D to manufacturing to sales distribution - end rant.

          Comment


          • #6
            Good point that chris made!
            I wonder where exactly in the chain production got a 'hiccup'...?

            Was it R&D? I don't think this was it.
            Manufacturing? Unlikely, is it? We've *seen* the product!

            Sales distribution? This could be it. Small company has it difficult to grow a 'network' and get the product to the customer, I could imagine!


            Anyway, I'm happy to hear some news on this product, and hope there are some pictures to look at soon! II sure know what to cook-up with one of these.


            "My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

            http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
              Alternate Mode will not be at NAMM and I doubt the DITI will be sold by KAT Percussion or Aquarian. If there is any truth to this, it would be an Alternate Mode product, like the TrapKAT. A call to Alternate Mode would sort it out for once and for all.
              I don't state that in my post that Alternate Mode will be at NAMM. The reason Alternate Mode is in parentheses in the title is to show ownership of the DITI. Not to state that Alternate Mode will be at NAMM in any official capacity. I figured that by stating EVE would be shown at the KAT(Fender) and Aquarian booths would make that obvious. I'm sorry if that was confusing. Just for the record Alternate Mode (as allanjohn stated) will not be at NAMM.


              alesisDRUMMER.com

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll do my best to poke around and see what's up at the show, as will Allan I'm sure.

                K ;-)
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

                Comment


                • #9
                  A quick call to AM did clear it up. This is what Mario explained: "the DITI will be at the Aquarian booth. It is an FSR powering trigger to midi converter with real power. KAT (KMC) will have its own version of the DITI called EVE, because they are introducing a sound module called ADAM." Well spotted, Hellfire!
                  . digitalDrummer
                  Review index

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Huh? So do we get the same product twice? ...by AM (Dity) and KMC (Eve)?

                    Mario's comment is confusing me a bit...


                    "My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

                    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

                    Comment


                    • allanjohn
                      allanjohn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, not so confusing. Dauz also lists the DITI among its offerings. If you look at Medeli, they make the same or similar modules under a number of different names - Alesis and Pearl among them. Maybe AM will have slightly different features or cosmetic treatments for the different versions. I'll find out at NAMM when I meet up with Mario.

                  • #11
                    Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
                    A quick call to AM did clear it up. This is what Mario explained: "the DITI will be at the Aquarian booth. It is an FSR powering trigger to midi converter with real power. KAT (KMC) will have its own version of the DITI called EVE, because they are introducing a sound module called ADAM." Well spotted, Hellfire!
                    Awesome update! Please take some pictures when you go to NAMM.
                    alesisDRUMMER.com

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Hellfire View Post

                      Awesome update! Please take some pictures when you go to NAMM.
                      Absolutely. We're delaying the February digitalDrummer a few days so we can get the NAMM update into it. There will be pics of all the new offerings and more.
                      . digitalDrummer
                      Review index

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
                        Good point that chris made! I wonder where exactly in the chain production got a 'hiccup'...? Was it R&D? I don't think this was it. Manufacturing? Unlikely, is it? We've *seen* the product! Sales distribution? This could be it. Small company has it difficult to grow a 'network' and get the product to the customer, I could imagine! Anyway, I'm happy to hear some news on this product, and hope there are some pictures to look at soon! II sure know what to cook-up with one of these.
                        3 years and couldn't find a distributor? Either they set their hopes a little too high hoping for a major distributor, like Tama, to get their products out, or they were waiting for a big company, like Yamaha or Roland, to buy their concept and design....just like so often seen in startup software companies.
                        DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

                        My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by perceval View Post
                          3 years and couldn't find a distributor? Either they set their hopes a little too high hoping for a major distributor, like Tama, to get their products out, or they were waiting for a big company, like Yamaha or Roland, to buy their concept and design....just like so often seen in startup software companies.
                          Alternate mode is hardly a start-up. It grew out of KAT Inc, which started in1985 and Mario relaunched in the 90s under the AM brand. You'll be able to read about it all in the February edition.
                          . digitalDrummer
                          Review index

                          Comment


                          • perceval
                            perceval commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I didn't say AM was a startup, it was just an analogy I used in the fact that maybe they were waiting to be bought by a bigger fish!

                            And I'll read the Feb to learn more about them, because it's true, I don't know much about AM besides the fact they said "it's coming" a few times, and nothing comes...

                        • #15
                          Sorry if I've got this wrong, but are these the products that you are talking about? http://www.aquariandrumheads.com/products/onhead-ped
                          TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

                          Comment

                        Working...
                        X