Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alesis Trigger IO + SD2 for Roland Pads & Cymbals - good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Trigger IO + SD2 for Roland Pads & Cymbals - good idea?

Welcome to the forum, 23x42!

The tricky part here is that you already have a combination of VH-11 and FD controller, which means you're bound to something like

- a TD-9 (roughly 350 bucks used)
    - a TD-4 (200 used), or
    - a TD-11/15 (new).

You already have pads; What happened with the original module? Have you bought all the pads individually?

It would absolutely make more sense to save money for a Roland drum module! The Alesis simply has issues when using mesh pads.

HTH

Last edited by hairmetal-81; 01-04-14, 08:32 AM. Reason: comma error

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Hello 23x42,
      Last edited by Kabonfaiba; 01-03-14, 02:07 PM.
      ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ 2box DrumIt 5 MKII
      ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
      PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Thank you both for your kind replies!
        Yes, I bought the parts individually (used on eBay) to save money. Okay, I guess the Alesis won't cut it then.
        Thanks for the hint to the Megadrum project, this is just what I was looking for! Soldering and such is always fun, great way to combine hobbies.
        I'll do some more research on Megadrum but I think I'll go for it - AWESOME!

Kind regards

Comment

Working...
        X