Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Td-15k setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td-15k setup

Hi, just switched from an acoustic set to the TD-15k. I'm trying to keep the setup as close as I can to my old set. I'm noticing that in my current setup the bass drum is lined up under tom 2 and not centered. Is this setup acceptable? Or do I need to rearrange a few things?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Spidey; 01-01-14, 11:11 PM.

You should set up your kit however it's comfortable for you to play. There's no real right/wrong here.

My kick is also a little to the right of center which i find helps with my double kick pedal.

Roland TD-30KV, Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal, Pearl H1000 hit hat stand, Shure SE530 IEMs, AKG K171 MKII Headphones, Mackie DLM PA, Yamaha MG102C mixer, Roland Studio Capture

Natal Walnut kit (US Fusion X), Bosphorus Antique 16" Crash & 22" Ride, Bosphorus Gold Series 14" hats.

Comment

As much as I would love it to be symmetrical, my bass drum pedal sits under tom 2 as well, in the gap between snare and floor tom. As campster says above - whatever is comfortable to play!
      --
      West London, UK.
      TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Spidey!

Congrats on your new TD-15. As the other Gentlemen have said, rearrange setup however you feel comfortable playing on your kit!
        Looks are only tertiary, at best. First comes comfortability and sound! **

** (...know, I know... this is the V-Drums forum, were GASeous pictures of big, monsterous kits leads to years worth of drool-attacks, angered wives, empty wallets, canned ravioli; ...and 'mine-is-bigger-than-yours' - meaning the diameter of ride-cymbals of course - is ever-present! But, hey...)

Happy Drumming!
        Last edited by hairmetal-81; 01-02-14, 06:28 AM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
          X