Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD9 Hi Hat Midi Out Continuous Controller (CC4?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD9 Hi Hat Midi Out Continuous Controller (CC4?)

Hi everyone,
    After much searching without finding a definitive answer, I need to put this question out there.

From what I gather, the TD9 hi hat "plays" about 5 different "openness" sounds between open and closed hi hat.

However, does anyone know if it actually outputs all 0-127 midi continuous controller values via MIDI? In other words, if I use a TD-9 as a trigger/MIDI interface to VSTs, does it output continuous hi hat control via CC4?

Thanks!
    Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

I don't really know the answer to this, someone will be along who does, however, when I have used my td11 with addictive drums there is a little panel in the midi setup screen showing the position of the hh pedal, and it slides up and down as I open and close the pedal ( not just showing 4 or 5 positions) so it seems to transmit the full range of motion.
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

The TD-9 supports and transmits 'variable hihat' control, your software should just pick up on this - hassle-free....just like Cheddies described it with Addictive Drums!

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Awesome. Thanks! I was actually trying to decide on a used TD9 or new Td11 for VST use in a studio. This is good to know.
        Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Used TD-9 all the way!

Note that (and this tends to be forgotten, even I am guilty of this...) the TD-11 never was a TD-9 replacement! Actually more TD-4, if that will be discontinued anytime soon...

The 'proper' module to replace the TD-9 is a TD-15 (with its' included 'quirks'...)

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
          X