Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could upgrade one piece to TD 11KV...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could upgrade one piece to TD 11KV...

Which one would it be? Ive only been playing three months and found a TD 11kv set really cheap refurbished directly from Roland. I have the opportunity to upgrade one piece but am not sure as to how to proceed. -I was thinking a higher quality kick pedal -maybe a new snare. PD125 ? Not sure if the 11kv brain can even accommodate this but it would enable me to move the 11kv snare up to replace one of the toms. Is the feel of the PD 125 that much better? - maybe upgrade the hit hat. Once again Im not sure what the 11kv brain can handle. Of all the 11kv pieces I am least found of the hit hat. What do you guys think?

Hey there.

The td-11kv comes with a CY-5 hi-hat pad doesn't it? I think if you ask many people here - that would be a big upgrade point - going from that to a vh-11 on a hi-hat stand would give you a far more realistic-feeling kit.

The pd-125 will work fine on the td-11 brain, but I think the VH-11 hihat is a bigger step up.
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

(...somehow, that thread-title sounds strangely familiar....)

The obvious answer will be: "The module!" of course!

...because "get the most module you can afford!" is still in effect!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

My first thought also was the module as I read the title.

Yeah, get the VH-11 for sure!
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

So what did you go for in the end?
          --
          West London, UK.
          TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

I have a used VH-12, PM me if you are interested.
            Stephen | Electronic Drum Center | 888-995-7485

My Kit | Custom Electronic Drum Kit | Bible Scripture Wraps | Hart Dynamics Cymbals | MacBook Pro i7 | Motu 828Mkiii Hybrid | Roland TD-20 (MIDI) | Steven Slate Drums

Comment

Originally posted by ElectronicDrumC View Post
              I have a used VH-12, PM me if you are interested.

Hold on... What is OP supposed to do with a VH-12? ...Taking a look at it, like it's some fancy oil painting?
              The TD-11 only supports the VH-11, you know... - Not the VH-12!

And while we're here: Welcome to the forum, 1erCru!
              Happy Drumming!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
              X