Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD9

...am I right in thinking this is a MESH head? I personally prefer the rubber bass drums and use a KD-8 but wouldnt mind something sturdier....

To the best of my knowledge, the really nice feeling KD-9 has actually a CLOTH surface, similar to the tom-pads on the HD-3.

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

...i'VE TRIED FOR DAYS AND DAYS TO POST!!!! .....TEST NUMBER 66

Comment

IT WORKED!.......So....has the KD9 rubber under the mesh head?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

...if not what bass drums are rubber?? Ta again, Si

Comment

The KD-9 has 'Foam under Cloth', I believe.
            If you are looking for a rubber kick-pad in particular, there are some 'usual suspects':

Roland KD-8

Yamaha KP-65

Roland KD-7 (...if you are looking for 'compact')

...and then of course, there's an unique option (for any regular bassdrum pedal), that works without a beater at all:

Triggera Krigg

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

[Addedum to my post above]

After re-reading your original post, if you are just looking for something sturdier, consider the bigger Yamaha KP-125 (not to be confused with the newer, silicon-surfaced KP-125W. I'm talking about the older one, with the dark rubber surface!)

Also, before you go out and buy any of this: Have you tried attaching your existing KD-8 to a vertical T-Leg or a stand, by utilizing a multiclamp of some sorts, like this?

I cleaned out my basement and raised $900.00. Now I want to purchase my first electronic kit. I have an acoustic set and have played since I was 7. I celebrated my 60th today. I have it down to 3 sets. The Yamaha DTXPRESS IV V2, the Alesis DM10 Studio, and the Simmons SD9K. The DM10 and the SD9K come with an extra tom and cymbal, which is appealing, the yamaha appears to get better reviews. I thought I could get some good insight here. Your thoughts are appreciated. Gordy

(It works for a KP-65, it ought to work in some way for the KD-8, too!)

HTH

Comment

Brilliant many thanks!!...the Yamaha ones are good with Roland modules??

Comment

...am I alone in not liking mesh head BD's??

Comment

Yeah - no problem on Yamaha Kick triggers on Roland Modules - I have a Yamaha KP65 - works perfectly on my TD-11
                    --
                    West London, UK.
                    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

What Cheddies said! - They are just kick-triggers, no dual-zones, no rim-switches, no pedal-polarity, nothing! Just a monaural trigger; a piezo on a rubber surface! Period!

...and NO Sir, you're not alone with this!
                      I prefer the firmer feel of rubber over mesh too, and can live with the added noise. That would make for two of us - at the very least - but then, there seems to be some others too:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ge...al-i-hate-mesh

Comment

Great and thanks

Comment

Comment

For a kp65 or a kp125? Seems pretty steep to me.
                            --
                            West London, UK.
                            TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

--
                              West London, UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X