Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy TD-11KV now or wait for Namm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy TD-11KV now or wait for Namm?

Hey guys do you suggest buying the TD-11KV now, or wait of Namm and Musikmesse and get the model that will replace the TD-11KV?
    Roland didn't announce any update to their drum kits in 2013, so in 2014 we will probably see new kits equipped with the TD-11 module, probably with new mesh pads and a new hi-hat.
    Also, how much time does it take them to put the new products on the market after announcements have been made?

I wouldn't hold my breath for any new products from Roland and NAMM. If the TD-11KV suits your needs, there's no point in waiting.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

I don't see Roland updating the TD-11 kits. I don't recall them updating the TD-4 in its lifespan. Maybe the ride cymbal was upgraded but that's about it. The TD-15 might get a software update with a few new sounds and the TD-30 hopefully will get a software upgrade with full functionality of the module.
      I think my work is done here.

Comment

I'd like to join the bunch having doubts regarding an updated TD-11 for upcoming NAMM!
        The only update I could see for the TD-11 module itself, would be a software-update, akin to the TD-9.
        In addition, the only company I could see most likely releasing new modules at NAMM would be Yamaha (...an updated 700 & 900 series !!!)

I would say it's save, if you go with a TD-11 as of now - the pad components haven't changed much in years.
        Though, allow me to pass along my obligatory advice of looking into a used TD-9 module - more bang for your buck than a new TD-11!

HTH
        Greetings from Switzerland,
        - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

So you guys don't think that Roland will release 1 or 2 new kits with the TD-11 module durind the next NAMM?
          You think they'll just keep the TD-11k and the TD-11KV as they are now, correct?

Comment

Oh, it's this way around... Okay! - ...thought you were talking new Roland *modules* for NAMM; guess not...

Anyway, new configurations with existing modules, i.e. the TD-11, is always a possibility in Roland's book.
            But to be honest: It's a tactic to squeeze more money, the drums are all still much the same, and you'll already get a KD-9, a CY-13R ride and PDX mesh pads.

Despite all this, if you are expecting a TD-11-module based kit with TD-30KV-pads: Not going to happen!!!
            (...plus it would be pretty nonsense, really, for the unsupportive TD-11).
            - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

PDX-8 and CY-5 are both from 2006 and i can totally see them being replaced on
              the next TD-11(something)

Comment

I agree...I don't see any new modules/kits coming to deter you from getting a TD11 if that's what you want. It usually takes until March to get new products shown at NAMM from most all vendors...sometimes longer.

K ;-)
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

....and if you wait for Musikmesse-annouced products hitting the stores, that could well be May or June! ;-)
                  - Dänoh

Comment

Working...
                  X