Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krigg Kick Drum Trigger - one problem - pedal recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krigg Kick Drum Trigger - one problem - pedal recommendations?

Got my Krigg a couple of days ago and got it all hooked up to my Yamaha (cheap-o) pedal and - woah, that thing is quiet.

Took me some playing around to get it feeling workable without the beatre (funnily i had to take some of the spring tension off - most people say they increase it) to get good heel-toe and fast doubles - but now have it dialled in pretty nicely.

Now left with one problem: It moves!

Because the kick pedal I have it hooked up to is the generic "get it free with a dtxplorer" yamaha pedal it is pretty unstable - it has no base plate - just two bars running to the heel (see attached pic). Because of this, and the fact the krigg its-self offers no support, it keeps tipping over forwards and sliding around - obviously this is not an issue when it is anchored to a big ol' kp65.

So - does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap, stable kick pedal that plays nicely with the Krigg? (I am in the UK) - or is there anything I can do to my pedal to stop it tipping over?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

I'm pretty sure you'll be good with any pedal that has a base plate. You can put a quality double-sided tape on the bottom of the base plate and it won't move. At least that's what I'm using for 2 years now ...
    electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Thanks Triggera! I am really enjoying the Krigg - it is a really nice solution to the bass drum noise issue. I have put a little felt pad where the bolt hits it (the yamaha pedal has a bolt underneath that holds the strap on). Hasn't affected triggering. Other than the movement issue (which is the pedal not the krigg) It is great.

Now to find a cheap-o pedal with a base plate.
      --
      West London, UK.
      TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

I've heard that some people have attached a string to the pedal and knotted it to their throne, so that their own body-weight prevented it from slipping!

I'm not sure anymore if this was to stop the pedal from moving.... - could be they tried to stop the bassdrum, actually...

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

• Cheddies
          Cheddies commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah - its more subtle than that - because the Yamaha pedal I have has no baseplate - ust the tower to keep it stable it kind of 'tips over' backwards when I get enthusiastic.

Anyone have any houghts on the Tama HP900PS Iron Cobra?
        --
        West London, UK.

Comment

Working...
        X