Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Buy or Not to Buy: Please advise me on the TD30KV Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Buy or Not to Buy: Please advise me on the TD30KV Pro

Hello everyone. Thanks to Kraft for providing this board. I've been a professional musician for the last 34 years. My main instrument is acoustic kit and I'm currently considering buying the TD30 KV Pro. I'd like to pull the trigger before year end. Could anyone advise me? I'm interested in hearing of any problems or regrets from current owners. I'd consider using it with my Yamaha kit as a hybrid as we'll. Any help is appreciated!

We reviewed the TD-30 kit in our August 2012 edition and noted that it's the best Roland kit to date and, in many respects, the best kit on the market. But it is not perfect and much will depend on how you intend to use it, what kind of sounds you're looking for and if you're comfortable with the pad sizes.
    preview of the August 2012 issue of digitalDrummer magazine.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

• Animaaal
      Animaaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info! I really enjoyed perusing all the issues and gleaned quite a bit of useful stuff. I've ordered the 30kv and it should be in my studio next week.

Before you pull your decision, I'd definitely look into a 2box module if your an acoustic guy like me. They are an open system and you can add high quality drum sounds from VST software companies and play those. The stock sounds are pretty good too. Matter off fact, I just bought an acoustic kit and am planning on doing just that, a hybrid kit with external triggers running the drum module. Below are my demo videos of my 2box VST drum kits from Superior drummer and BFD2 etc...I'm using an electric Jobeky Kit but hoping to use my new PDP kit with triggers to do this. Just hoping it tracks and triggers as well! http://youtu.be/rUQEcDaYbuY http://youtu.be/YkT1KmoMkyg
    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

BTW, didn't want to take away from the TD30! I originally bought a kit and it's great. I've used it live and it sounds great live. It just takes some tweaking of sounds, EQ, trigger settings to dial it in. It's just like tuning your acoustic I just thought the 2box has more realistic acoustic sounding kits, especially when using the VST kits. In no way does the TD30 suck, it's very good! I still have my module.
      - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
      - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

I have been meaning to write something like this on my website and you have given me an idea. Your post will be rather good.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris66 View Post
          I have been meaning to blah blah

*reported as SPAM*
          Greetings from Switzerland,
          - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
          X