Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB flash drive not fitting into TD-11 module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB flash drive not fitting into TD-11 module?

Hi, was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. I bought a 32 GB Sandisk USB flash drive, and it only goes in part of the way into the slot and not recognized as being connected. Thought it would go in all the way in like on my PC but no go. Maybe just have to find the right USB drive but I thought this one would do the trick - frustrating right now. Thanks if you have any ideas -

Fishnmusicn

Maybe the stick's outer housing could have an effect on this. Try a different stick, perhaps...
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

All I can do, the elusive Roland USB stick (don't have the model # in front of me right now) is ridiculously hard to find - of course that's what they recommend and something else might work but it's a crap shoot right now - will report back if I find a good one, because then I'll have a smiley face, haha

Comment

The latest, returned the Sandisk and bought two other USB flash drives, Toshiba and a PNY - they fit fine physically but are not recognized. After plugging in, I go to the USB function in the menu, and repeatedly get the same message - USB not connected here - I'm learning to say BS many times over, lol - if anyone has found a good workaround to this, please let me know, call me exasperated
        FM

Comment

This is so odd. The first random usb key I tried worked no problem, its an old 4gb integral one I had in a drawer.

I would start by trying to format to fat32 in a computer and try again, formatting in the roland module. Also try a smaller (in gb) size key - its possible that the roland module wont be happy with bigger keys.
          --
          West London, UK.
          TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

I'll give that a go, thanks buddy much appreciated
            Fishnmusicn

Comment

I found that to be true on my TD-11 and my older TD-20. It wants the older technology.
              For my current TD-11, I grabbed three 4G drives from the local drug store. Work great.

Originally posted by Fishnmusicn View Post
              I'll give that a go, thanks buddy much appreciated
              Fishnmusicn

Comment

Did you get any joy with this fishnmusicn?
                --
                West London, UK.
                TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Working...
                X