Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-4KP bass pedal assembly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-4KP bass pedal assembly question

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Roland TD-4KP drum kit (very happy!) and bought a starter pack to go with it, that included a bass pedal made by Stagg. My question is that the striker doesn't hit the trigger pad squarely, because the bass pedal can't get close enough to it due to its construction. Is this going to be a problem?

Basically, the area of the Stagg bass pedal that the TD-4KP bass pedal mount clips onto is too short for the bass pedal to be close enough to the trigger pad to strike it squarely. So instead it strikes it at a slight angle.

Please advise.

​Thanks

Welcome to the forum, jamesdrummer!

Hmmm tricky question without seeing the pedal first-hand... My humble try to help: Have you tried and look where and how the Stagg's beater-angle can be adjusted? Have you already tried to make the adjustment?

Also try to see if you can solve the problem by turning the plate that attaches to the TD's rack (and that clips into the pedal's mounting clamp) some 90 degrees. So that it faces to the side instead of forward.

The 'ultimo ratio' might just be to cut the rack-mounting plate a tiny little bit! But please only as your absolute last action!

Happy Drumming!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Pics of the clamp / setup etc might be super helpful. Might be something someone here can see that you cant?
      --
      West London, UK.
      TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheddies View Post
        Pics of the clamp / setup etc might be super helpful. Might be something someone here can see that you cant?
        Honestly, I just went with a stock picture!

But I agree, some pics to clarify the matter would be helpful!

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
        X