Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drum tec vs jobeky vs diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum tec vs jobeky vs diamond

Has anybody has experience with any or all of these drums of so how would you rank them and why?

We tested two of the three in our snare head2head...
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

I use Diamonds and they are superb. There is a thread here, so search for 'official Diamond' to get the fan thread. Jobeky's are popular with many people enthusiastic about them. Dont know about drum tec.
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Owner of a Jobeky, powered with both 2Box and Roland TD-12. Triggering is fine, just a bit hot, but easily solved by tweaking sensitivities. I use the Z-Ed mesh heads, that could be the major are for improvement, as a bit bouncy in my opinion (main concern is on snare, but easy to solve with a DDT or Roland mesh). Finishes are pretty nice and well done. I've got a bunch of Roland PD-125, 105, etc and no major problems to move from there to the Jobeky. Other point that requires a bit of tweaking is kick, as tends to bounce and get kick pedal handling a bit frustrating, but very easy to fix just adding a block of high density foam close to the sensor....

Look on stage is superb, nothing to do with the typical electronic look.....

Comment

I will take sides with Drum-tec, just because...

Not heard much about Jobeky to be honest, but my #1 rank would be hard-fought by either Drum-tec or Diamond. Diamond is more the custom shop, and if I wanted a truly unique instrument, built to my exact specifications, I certainly would go with Dave's.

Drum-tec on the other hand, to the best of my knowledge, is more towards 'off-the-shelf' drumkits - But that would likely be what I will want for a converted A-to-E. If only for bypassing the oh so G.A.S.-inflicting procedure of 'what will I choose...?' a bit when it comes to complete custom-made drums!

Do not forget, Drum-tec's main purpose is being a drum-store! You basically have a 'one-stop-shop' solution for everything 'Electronic Drums' (!!!)

EDIT:
          I mean, just take a LOOK!

Really, what else should I tell you?

Last edited by hairmetal-81; 12-01-13, 11:15 AM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

• Cheddies
            Cheddies commented
            Editing a comment
            They do look lovely. Really like those 2-box cymbals on the sparkle kit

• hairmetal-81
            hairmetal-81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh, you've noticed!

I'm wondering, why they offer 'Red Sparkle' but haven't considered 'Orange Sparkle' yet....
            *hammering*

I own a Jobeky Kit (20, 10, 14 and 14 snare) and they are great, once dialled into the module they are a pleasure to play.

The finish is superb, hardware looks great and they appear to be well made. I agree about the bass drum, I put a little foam in there and its brilliant.

Comment

Working...
          X