Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kit toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit toys

Anyone have any contact details for Mike? Messaged him at ebay, but will that work?

Good question, I have been wondering for a while how I would go about buying a kit toys cymbal... anyone?
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

The only thing I've heard about Kit Toys' business is that Mike had (still has?) some severe health problems...

Not much else to report.
      Greetings from Switzerland,
      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I have 9 or 10 of these(china/splashes/crashes and ride)...thinking of selling the whole set now that I use the Gen16s.
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

put's hand up 'What sizes Daniel?'

Comment

Almost all of them....ill have to check for you tuesday. I work at night and sleep all day. My kit and the box with the kit toys are with my kit whch is not at my house. Tuesday will be the first chance i get.
            8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting

Comment

cool list the sizes and prices and are the rotational stoppers in tacked?
              Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Yep...all in tact.

Comment

Well apparently i cant upload any photos from my phone....but i have 10. 2-14"crashes/choke, 16" V2R ride, 1-12" crash/choke, 1-9" splash, 3-8" splashes, 1-14" & 1-15" chinas. Not a "whole" set....but a set none the less. These things are few and far between. I'd want to get rid of all...or none. I don't want to have one or two left in a box. As for price....PM me and make me a "real" offer and I'll consider letting them go. Give me your email addy and I can send you the pics.

Comment

• hairmetal-81
                    hairmetal-81 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Someone likes alot of splashes....

I was able to get hold of Mike through ebay a couple of months ago and he still had a couple of bits left, but it wasn't apparent if he was making any more...

I hope so, as I have one of his China triggers, which is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by theimageofall View Post
                    (...)he still had a couple of bits left, but it wasn't apparent if he was making any more...

I hope so, (...)

I do hope so, too!
                    Would be sad if we lose this guys' cymbal offerings, especially the chinas. I mean, there are some truly special models in his line-up:
                    • 14" & 15" chinas: We would at least have the option to fall back on the Triggera D14, if these ones weren't available anymore.
                    • 8" splash: Roland's CY-8, despite the name, is a 12-inch (...and a piece of c**p), Yamaha's smallest offerings are the PCY-90 and PCY-100 10-inchers, since they were dropping a long time ago the real gem that was the 6-inch PCY-10 (why, oh why, Yamaha...?).
                    • 10" mini-china: Not many manufacturers around that offer anything like these!
                    • 10" micro hi-hat: (?) I think... I may be fantasizing here.....

HTH
                    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

Everybody seems to either forget or overlook the fact that Pintech's Visulite line offer some very similar cymbals. They carry an 8" splash ($140) and 16" and 18" chinas ($184 and $200). Buy em in Opaque Black and they'll fit in with a black-rubber-frisbee-based kit as well as any Kit Toy cymbal.

I always think the big allure of Kit Toys (yes they look good but they don't trigger any better than most cymbals and as I've said before, tend to be hot and from my testing are some of the loudest cymbals around) is now their scarcity and originally, their price. Mikey was selling them for next to nothing, even for us here in the States with the godawful exchange rate and shipping. I always wonder if everybody had to pay $140 for a KT 8" splash if they would then be so desireable. Again, great, great value and a solid product but there are, in part, alternatives.

Except for Yamaha's PCY-10--I'd love one more. But we all know that's a pipe dream.

www.dauphinehotel.com

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse

www.digitaldrummermag.com

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Thanks Grog!

There's a lot of truth in your words. 'Rare' seems to be a magic-word, that almost automatically has a positive effect on sales. (This isn't me blaming Kittoys, it's just a general observation - Everybody wants something that is 'limited quantity', go figure!)

I know that you are an admirer of the pcy-10. Can you remember what the original list-price was for one of these gems?
                        - Dänoh

Comment

There's a couple of pcy10s on ebay atm.
                          Good call with the visualites, moody colours, translates to £85. We shall see

Comment

Originally posted by airflamesred View Post
                            There's a couple of pcy10s on ebay atm.
                            Good call with the visualites, moody colours, translates to £85. We shall see
                            Thanks!

Is that ebay.com ? Didn't see any....
                            - Dänoh

Comment

Working...
                            X