Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remo Silentstroke mesh heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remo Silentstroke mesh heads

Has anyone tried these yet? There was a brief discussion after NAMM, but I wonder if anyone has any feedback yet?
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...troke-drumhead
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Very interesting offering. This sounds like there is some story behind it!

Weren't the original heads from Roland licenced from - and made by - Remo?
    Why Remo didn't put them out on their own much sooner is a mystery to me.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

• fulrmr(Daniel)
      fulrmr(Daniel) commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe they still are...but they are 2-ply.

• campster
      campster commented
      Editing a comment
      From the website:

* Durable single-ply mesh material
      * Authentic feel and response
      * Ideal for low volume practice applications

• Greg The Groove
      Greg The Groove commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Daniel was referring to the current ones Remo makes for Roland. They are 2 ply. Aren't 2ply or 3ply even, better than single ply heads?

I'm about to put one on the head2head rig. Interestingly, Remo is promoting this as a silent acoustic practice head - maybe something to do with their manufacturing agreement with Roland!

Remo is now offering a new line of single ply mesh drumheads for quiet practice applications. The single ply mesh material features a soft spring like feel at very low decibel levels. Offered in snare, tom and bass sizes, Silentstroke Drumheads provide a unique practice alternative to standard acoustic drum volumes.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
      I'm about to put one on the head2head rig. Interestingly, Remo is promoting this as a silent acoustic practice head - maybe something to do with their manufacturing agreement with Roland!

Remo is now offering a new line of single ply mesh drumheads for quiet practice applications. The single ply mesh material features a soft spring like feel at very low decibel levels. Offered in snare, tom and bass sizes, Silentstroke Drumheads provide a unique practice alternative to standard acoustic drum volumes.
      I look forward to reading about your results.

​You know, I think it would be a great idea if Remo would put these new drumheads on their practice pad kits. You talk about a no brainer. Not to mention the ease of converting them to edrums. Heck, while they're at it they (Remo) should redesign their practice pad kit slightly so it has a four upright post design of most edrum kits these days. DIY'ers would love that. Just a thought.
      alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

And they come in 6"! Just Hart made a 6" head, and I am not thrilled with the looks of it. And the 16" Hart is almost transparent. I would love to try one of these heads...
        Yamaha DTX-502 / (3) PCY155 Cymbals / HH65 HH Pedal
        Roland KD-9 Kick / DIY Snare (1 zone with DTX...)

Comment

If anyone else is looking for 6" mesh, I think Drumtec might has those, too!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I got my 6" mesh heads a few years back from Laurie at Pintech....
            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I am about to order one of these heads for my snare, I already read the test on digital drummer magazine but it seems positional sensing is not tested anymore. I hope it works ok!

Comment

I checked out these heads a month back to see what their quality was. They look to be fairly good for a single ply head. Built a bit stronger than the Pearl mesh head crap, but they are nothing like a Roland head. Hart Maxxums are better/stronger. I wouldn't use these for a snare or rack toms. Maybe a floor tom and bass drum it would be fine as those tend to not get such heavy, repeated hits, but other than that I think they are fine, and not to ridiculously priced... ahem... Roland....
                I think my work is done here.

Comment

How do these compare to the roland 2 ply mesh head, and BillyBlast 3 ply mesh heads on an acoustic note? Since mesh, I'm guessing almost the same decibel level. Do they have more tone of the shell and reso or more of the mesh smack? Feel kinda lame asking that but very interested.

I have a 14" billy blast mesh head and it is really nice. Since I would be just practicing quieter I was wondering if Remo's or billy blast would be a better bang for your buck for my whole kit?

Comment

• allanjohn
                    allanjohn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We've done the acoustic testing in the latest edition of digitalDrummer.

• dat yeti
                    dat yeti commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh sweet. Thanks, allanjohn. I will check that out.
                Working...
                X