Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Td-4 custom settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td-4 custom settings

Hi all, Bought a td-4kx a few months ago, my first e-kit. Very impressed with it, but some of the kits don't sound all that great. I've had a search around the Internet, to see if there were any custom settings listed, and was very quickly led here. However, I can only seem to find a couple of custom kits posted by people, does anyone know if there is a larger resource somewhere? Cheers.

Welcome to the forum, hellsteeth54!

Congrats on your new purchase!
    Going by the TD-4 manual (page 29), there really isn't much in terms of settings that you could tweak:

For each pad you'll get
    - Volume
    - Pan
    - Tuning
    - Muffling (Decay)

Plus you'll get....
    - Overall Volume
    - Reverb Type
    - Amount of Reverb

....for the whole kit in general. Again - not much to tweak there.
    You may ask Alan of VEXpressions, if they offer VEX packs for the TD-4; but given the minimal parameterization the module has, a collection of 'parameter-tweaks' is almost pointless in this case!

If you like the control-concept of Roland's modules, you could consider upgrading to a higher-order module, like a used TD-9. It's only then, when you have the proper module you'll get to enjoy VEX packs!

HTH
    Last edited by hairmetal-81; 11-09-13, 06:11 AM.
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Welcome to the forum as stated above, not much to tweak and therefore no larger database beyond what you have already found.
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
      X