Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! 2box & VST kits are amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! 2box & VST kits are amazing

Well after receiving my 2box over the weekend I messed around with some loaded Evil Drum kits from a Superior Drummer and can I say how blown away I am? As good as some of the 2box stock kits are, the dynamics, the snare bleeds on the kick and toms, the snare rattles after hitting, UNREAL. All played without a laptop is really cool. I still am using my TD30 for my hi hat and some other sounds like kick drums her and there and some cymbals so I combine both. So far I've played: Gretsch Natural Maple Kit with all Sabian cymbals and Ozone FX crash Ludwig Psychadelic Red kit with Zildjian K cymbals with Black Beauty 70's snare. I'm planning on recording a vid maybe this weekend to get a sound recording of the kits. COOL STUFF!
    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Nice. I have really enjoyed my modules immensely.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

That's what I've been sayin! Cool, glad you are enjoying the new module. Yeah, 2Box is good off the bat, but you can really unlock the potential with some of the VST kits IMO ....
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Awesome that you are enjoying your 2box module. I think you made the right choice!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Ahemmmmm I'm enjoying BOTH! Still love my tD30. Would never leave home without it!
          - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
          - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Originally posted by Greg The Groove View Post
            Ahemmmmm I'm enjoying BOTH! Still love my tD30. Would never leave home without it!
            I did too...for a year. Then I chose the one that I thought had the most potential for what I wanted....and then I added the Gen16s mainly for the hats because of the feel. No regrets about any of the decisions. Now if I could just find time to play. 12 hour night shifts are exhausting....but the money is well worth it.

Have fun!
            8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
            http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post

Now if I could just find time to play. 12 hour night shifts are exhausting....but the money is well worth it.

Have fun!
              Agreed. Work sux. I'm pretty sure ALL of my posts are in the early am hours.....

Comment

I wouldn't even have the money to enjoy both. ...at the same time.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

So you still like the TD-30 despite the ability to load the VST's you use in to the 2Box module? I would have thought the TD-30 would be dead in the water considering how much you have liked the VST sounds.

If ever you are looking to get rid of your TD-30 for a good price, let me know.
                  I think my work is done here.

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
                    I did too...for a year. Then I chose the one that I thought had the most potential for what I wanted....and then I added the Gen16s mainly for the hats because of the feel. No regrets about any of the decisions. Now if I could just find time to play. 12 hour night shifts are exhausting....but the money is well worth it. Have fun!
                    Same here. Gen16 for the feel and long days in the IT office. Had an e-mail chat with Julia, the hihat pickup mount adapter under the bottom hat will become standard in 2014 because the in between mounts break down too often. And you see more of the pickup lights and settings are in reach as plus. She send me one and will try when I have some time. Take care.
                    E-gear: 2Box Drumit Five MkII, SD-card mod, 32 GB, extra cymbal & tom, modified rack, Zildjian Gen16 480 - DSP box, A&H ZED10FX mixer, Philips Headset. Balbex 2B hickory sticks.

Comment

Working...
                    X