Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-30k and TD-30k SX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30k and TD-30k SX

Hello all. I've been playing acoustics for 20 years now, but unfortunately my living situation has temporarily put an end to that. Looking to buy either a used TD-20 kit or new TD-30k kit. My question is, what is the difference between the TD-30k and TD-30k SX? You'd think this info would be easy to find... maybe I just need some sleep. Also, I've heard the TD-30 is a major improvement over the 20... but is it enough to justify spending an extra 1500+ over a used 20 kit? I realize this is a subjective question, but look forward to your opinions. Thank you, J

Originally posted by jj46 View Post
    is it enough to justify spending an extra 1500+ over a used 20 kit?
    My perspective is unusual in that I haven't played any kit for 25 years. My decision was between a new TD-30KV at around 6K and minty TD-20 SX for a couple of grand less. I know the work to become a good drummer again would be same and I'd have a blast either way. Either one was new to me. I got the TD-20 SX. Not once have I set down at the kit and thought "I wish my kit was new in 2012 rather than 2011" (the year the first owner bought it).

Chris
    TD-20SX; DW 9000 hardware

Comment

From what I know the TD30 comes in a K and a KV version. Never heard of an SX. The KV has all the bells and whistles. The VH13 hi hat, the MG cymbals, 4 toms and the newest pads. Either way you get the same module. Just ask yourself what you need for pads etc...
      - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
      - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Welcome to the forum, jj46!

The 'SX' suffix was used with the TD-20, not currently with the 30. I think you just got them mixed up!

Happy Drumming!
        Last edited by hairmetal-81; 11-06-13, 07:58 AM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
          The 'SX' suffix was used with the TD-20, not currently with the 30. I think you just got them mixed up!
          Both Guitar Center and Musicians Friend websites list BOTH a TD-30K and TD-30K SX. Different prices, 4700 and 4500 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by jj46 View Post

Both Guitar Center and Musicians Friend websites list BOTH a TD-30K and TD-30K SX. Different prices, 4700 and 4500 respectively.
            I guess both don't know what they are selling or talking about. Just kidding!
            There is not such a thing as a TD-30K SX. It's TD-30K or TD-30KV. I believe that some time ago there also was a special edition of the K-version. As upgrade it had the VH-13 hi-hat and one extra Pd-128 tom.
            Roland TD-30K | Roland PDX-100 (2x) | Roland TDM-20 | Tama HP900PSWN | Tama HH805N | Tama HT530 | Vic Firth | VDrumLib 2.3.0.0 | V Expressions LTD Essentials: Rock, Strike, Giggin' Kits, Top 50 Drummers vol. 1 & 2 | Drum-tec TD-30 Sound Editons (coming soon...)

Comment

Originally posted by Knarrenheinz View Post
              I guess both don't know what they are selling or talking about. Just kidding! There is not such a thing as a TD-30K SX. It's TD-30K or TD-30KV. I believe that some time ago there also was a special edition of the K-version. As upgrade it had the VH-13 hi-hat and one extra Pd-128 tom.
              Yea RMC audio was selling an in between version with the upgraded hi hat and 4th pad I think
              - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
              - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Originally posted by Knarrenheinz View Post
                I guess both don't know what they are selling or talking about. Just kidding!
                You're right! What I do know, is they slap ancient, high regarded brand-names on cheap chinese kits. This fact alone makes me kind of boycott them.

But Ha!
                How should I know what GC was/is selling, in what configurations, with which suffixes, at what price-point?

Greetings!
                Last edited by hairmetal-81; 11-06-13, 08:02 AM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
                  Ha! How should I know what GC was/is selling, in what configurations, with which suffixes, at what price-point?
                  Umm... then don't respond to the thread... geezus. Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Guitar Center might be making its own bundle which they label SX...pays to examine carefully what is included in the offer and compare it to the standard K/KV
                    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

If it is a GC-exclusive bundle, the only info that's easy to find, would be on the website by GC itself.

Would somebody that has a link at hand be kind enough to post it here?

Comment

Working...
                      X