Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of upgrading (some)... will it be enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of upgrading (some)... will it be enough?

Hey everybody,

It's been a long, long while since I've been around here, and probably even longer since I posted. I still have my trusty TD-20 kit (with the expanded module) and I've been considering whether it would be worth it to just do a partial upgrade to some of the new stuff. i really don't want to have to buy an entirely new TD-30 kit. What I'm thinking I'd like to do is swap the module for a TD-30, and also get the newer snare, hats, and *maybe* the ride cymbal.

I'm sure there's been posts around (I wasn't having much luck so far finding anything) in regards to people mixing and matching the new and old tech. How well does/will it work?

Any input/info would be appreciated. Thanks!
    ---
    Chris
    -------
    Is that thing on???

TD20S-BK... other various noise making and capturing implements... but not enough time.

?????
    -------
    Is that thing on???

TD20S-BK... other various noise making and capturing implements... but not enough time.

Comment

Plan sounds good to me but, what about hihat? which 1 do you have? The vh13 and td30 are awesome. Vh12 is ok though.
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I fully agree with what Intruder said. The VH-13 is the current 'pinnacle' of all two-part hihats.

By the way: I think it's save to say you can actually save yourself the money on the new ride-cymbal!
        From all that I've heard up to this point, the new crash- and ride-cymbals just added a touch of new color!
        Nothing more! ...they still perform the same as the older (silver) versions.

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
        X