Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to export the Td-30 drums by USB to separate tracks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to export the Td-30 drums by USB to separate tracks ?

So far I have just been recording to one STEREO track but I am wondering if there is a way to get each drum on a separate track ? (I am using presonus studio one)

Are you using a Presonus desk as well, I'm pretty sure the usb on the module is usb input not an output, I direct line from mine to the 16.0.2 so record separate tracks that way

Comment

My new TD-30 came with an insert page for the manual about USB audio - it can output as well as input audio to a computer once the driver is installed, but the output is apparently the same as output from the Master Out jacks in which case I assume you can't get each drum on a separate track that way.
      TD-50 module, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Nord Drum P3, SPD-30, Paiste Signature cymbals, DW 6000+9000 hardware, Lewitt LCT 140 cymbal mics, Allen & Heath ZED10 mixer, Fohhn Xperience III drum PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies Gigster tactile monitor drum throne

Comment

Originally posted by Pits View Post
        Are you using a Presonus desk as well, I'm pretty sure the usb on the module is usb input not an output, I direct line from mine to the 16.0.2 so record separate tracks that way
        you mean use 8 different cords to record each track?? year I could do that.. but that's a huge pain.. It is not that bad just getting the stereo track. .though quantizing in StudioOne would be cleaner if I could do it on the individual drums

Comment

Perhaps going midi through VST might also be a solution, far easier to quantize that way as well, I was wrong about the usb so perhaps I'm best to bower out of this one. I only output the snare and bass separate and "stereo" the rest

Comment

The USB is only a stereo out. To track record in Studio One (or any DAW) I use a Presonus Audio Box VSL1818 and it works great. I was able to grab one on special for $300 and it came with a basic copy of Studio One. You can look around for used deals on other 8 input USB interfaces too, but you need one to utilize the 8 outputs.
            TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pits View Post
              Perhaps going midi through VST might also be a solution, far easier to quantize that way as well, I was wrong about the usb so perhaps I'm best to bower out of this one. I only output the snare and bass separate and "stereo" the rest

How hard is it to do that? I means do I have to go through mapping each thing to each drum and take an hour.. or is there some sort of preset for studio one that maps everything to the VST drums correctly ?

Comment

Working...
              X