Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

What to buy and what not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy and what not?

Hi!
    My first post on this forum.
    Im planning to get my own first drumset for myself in birthdaypresent (Iīve been drumming on my sonīs TD-4 long enough so now I think Itīs time for me to have one too).
    I would like to have mesh-heads on all the drums and was looking on the TD-11KV and was reading about it.
    Now Iīve managed to find a TD-9K2 new one fore the same price as the TD-11KV (also new).
    The seller told med that the TD-11 has the "natural sound" which the TD-9 doesnt, but he says that the TD-9 is a great kit and itīs break even which one of those I buy.

What do you guys have to say about it.
    The difference I can see is that the TD-9 has a better stand than the TD-11 but what else, is it better to choose the new TD-11 over the TD-9?

Thanks

KX2 with VH-11 hihat ???
    yeah , id go with the 9

Comment

Nope, Itīs not the KX2 nor the VH-11 hihat
      Would you still go for the td-9?
      I see it doesnt support MIDI via usb but that does the TD-11

Comment

Welcome to the forum

The td9 has dual zones on the toms, both rims and heads. Neither your son's td4 nor the td11 has that. And the td11 has the 'SuperNatural sounds'. The 9 does have more sounds and the ability to use Vex packs.

You need to listen to examples of the td9's and 11's sounds, to see if you can here a difference, and if that difference is enough to make you choose one or the other. If you are happy with the td9's sounds, similar to the td4's, maybe the 9 is right for you...

the only thing is, that the 11kv and the 9k2 look to have very similar hardware...since the 9 is an obsolete model, maybe you can haggle him down a bit more....

For what its worth, I have a 9 and am very happy with it - and I like having tom rims because I can put cowbell and claves on them....but I was also impressed with the td15's sound, which should be more or less the same as the td11's....

Basically, it's a coin flip, and you will probably enjoy either kit!
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by Matfarsan View Post
          Nope, Itīs not the KX2 nor the VH-11 hihat
          Would you still go for the td-9?
          I see it doesnt support MIDI via usb but that does the TD-11
          you still have midi out on the td9, even if it isnt over usb, and the td9 has midi in, which the td11 doesnt, which means you can expand the td9 into a super kit like mine (check my albums in my profile )

Comment

Saku!
            So if I understand you right even though the TD-9k and the TD-11kv have the same toms (PDX6 and PDX8) the TD-11 doesnt support dual zone?

And thanks for the welcome

Comment

Saku!
              So if I understand you right even though the TD-9k and the TD-11kv have the same toms (PDX6 and PDX8) the TD-11 doesnt support dual zone?

And thanks for the welcome

Sorry, it was the td11k with the pd8A toms that I was thinking of...apparently the td11 with the pdx's does support tom rims....so it is down to td9's more sounds vs the td11's slightly better sounds...

Comment

Ahh, that sounds great
                How about the drumstand is the MDS-9V much better than the MDS-4V?

Comment

You need to also advise us on what you plan on doing with this kit. Noodling at home forever? Gigging? Jamming with friends? If you plan to do anything other than home noodling, then you will most likely get GAS and will want to expand, hence, get the latest module you can. Get the TD11. If you really think you might get serious, then seriously consider a TD30.

K ;-)
                  My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                  E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                  A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                  A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Ahh, that sounds great
                    How about the drumstand is the MDS-9V much better than the MDS-4V?
                    The mds4 drum rack is funky with its mid mounted module. Mds9 far superior.

Comment

I would go for the 11. The sensitivity on the new module kills previous generations of mid- and entry level modules.
                      Td-15 module, 1 Pd80r, 3 modified dual zone Pd 100 pads, 3 Cy8:s and Cy5. Spd-S, Wavedrum and an acoustic Yamaha 9000 kit with Ludwig Supraphonic Snare and assorted cymbals.

Comment

I also was deciding on 9K2 vs 11KV. Was checking prices every day and one day saw 9K2 dropped to $999 at J & R here in NYC (vs $1599 for 11KV) , so I grabbed it. It then dropped off their website a day or so later ( this was back in August) but recently appeared again for $999, but again for just a few days. So, the 9K2 can be had for a decent amount less than the 11KV. I keep my pads close together, so I think either stand would have worked for me. Also, I don't stray much from the custom kit I created, so the 9K2 at that price was (and is) perfect for me. I love my 9K2.
                        Rich
                        NY
                        TD-9K2

Comment

Well now I have ordered a TD-11KV, a Tama HT35 chair and a Tama HP300b kickpedal.
                          I think this will give some great joy and hapiness.

Thanks for all your input and help in this subject.
                          Mostly I will have more Qīs when I get the set end start using it

Comment

Well now I have ordered a TD-11KV, a Tama HT35 chair and a Tama HP300b kickpedal.
                            I think this will give some great joy and hapiness.

Thanks for all your input and help in this subject.
                            Mostly I will have more Qīs when I get the set end start using it
                            Congrats! Have fun!
                            8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                            http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Post some pics of that bad boy when you get all set up!
                              K ;-)
                              My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                              E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                              A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                              A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
                              X