Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

TD-20 Updates through the years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-20 Updates through the years

Hi guys, I have a quick question for you TD-20 nuts out there. I've been looking
    at every kit available, and my conclusion is that the TD-20 would be the only one to satisfy my needs. The question is, since I can't afford a new kit, what updates have been done since the earlier models?

The kit I've been looking at is about 2 years old, and I would like to know if there's been any changes done to the hardware at all, or is it only updates to the module that you can perhaps just download from Roland?

Thanks guys,
    Tim

No changes to the TD-20S (or K) kit, only minor module updates which can be downloaded.

And the TDW-20 expansion board which makes the module equivalent to a TD-20X in all but color.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce. How would you say the new pads which come with the 20X respond compared to the older PD125BK?

Would be really tough to buy something that expensive if there's a pad with better feel or triggering

Comment

I'll jump in. On the 20X the internal pad design is basically the same. The new ones make it easy to change out wraps. The rack is new and more robust, as are the clamps. As mentioned before, except for color, the module is the same as the TDW-20.

Those more knowledgeable, please correct me if I'm wrong.
        Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
          I'll jump in. On the 20X the internal pad design is basically the same. The new ones make it easy to change out wraps. The rack is new and more robust, as are the clamps. As mentioned before, except for color, the module is the same as the TDW-20.

Those more knowledgeable, please correct me if I'm wrong.
          That all sounds right.
          Here's a thought - if you are dissatisfied with the older MDS-20 rack (the one TD-20K came with, IIRC), if you buy 2nd hand, you can replace the rack with chrome Gibraltar hardware and still be well under new-kit price.
          The pads/cymbals are functionally very similar to the TD-20KXS (if not identical), just not silver.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
            And the TDW-20 expansion board which makes the module equivalent to a TD-20X in all but color.
            Exactly equivalent to a TD-20X if TDW-20 version 2.51 is installed.

To check the version of the TDW-20, turn on the TD-20 then press [TOOLS], [F5 (A<>B)], [F1 (INFO)] then press [F5 (VERSION)]. If the Version Information screen indicates Ver2.01, download and follow the included instructions to install the TDW-20 2.51 update.

Originally posted by Drew Armentrout View Post
            A TDW-20 overview, Version 2.51 info, and download link all in one place.

"Revisiting the TDW-20 Expansion Board"
            Last edited by Guest_User_DA; 01-18-11, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X