Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Roland V-Drums TD Products Release Timeline Dates

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland V-Drums TD Products Release Timeline Dates

I wanted to post a timeline topic documenting Roland V-Drum TD Series release dates. The following is what have comprised thus far.

2017 Wiki Graphic Update:

6b241166f0e7f538b6998b58ecc4c9cb.png

More information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_V-Drums
    Last edited by Alan VEX; 04-03-12, 10:33 AM.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really like these timelines! One question though... is there a way to put some reference as which lower-end modules use the sound engine of the higher end ones? I mean, like TD-6 and TD-8 use the TD-10 sounds (if my memory serves me well, but I 'm quite sure the 8 uses the 10's sounds, and I think the 6 did too), TD-12 uses the sounds of the TD-20 (TD-9 too?). The TD-30 uses the sounds of the TD-20 + new ones, and after that I'm lost, except that I know that the TD-50 has a whole new library again.
    'lectric drumma
    Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Alan, any chance there is a timeline like this for the pads, if possible with expanation? Explanation like e.g.:

- PD-7: 7" (I think), rubber dual trigger pad with piezo & rim switch;
      - PD-9: 9' (I think), rubber dual trigger pad with piezo & rim switch;
      - PD-100: 10" mesh head pad, single zone trigger with piezo;
      - PD-120: 12" mesh head pad, dual zone trigger, dual piezo);
      - PD-105: 10" mesh head pad, dual zone piezo trigger, superseder of the PD-100;
      - PD-125: 12" mesh head pad, dual zone piezo trigger, superseder of the PD-120;
      - etc...

Just asking... But would be nice I think.
      'lectric drumma
      Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

I didn't want to get that in depth with it. I'm basically just going to create a duplicate and improved version of the wiki graph in excel. If I can think of a way to add some more 9nfo, I will. Maybe I can do something interactive that's just hosted over at VEX. It'll be a while, since I'm working on a new website for us.
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by 'lectric drumma View Post
          Alan, any chance there is a timeline like this for the pads, if possible with expanation?
          Some info here:
          From the original Octapad percussion pad in 1985 till one of the latest percussion product Electronic Layered Cajon, check out Roland percussion history.

Comment

Chris updated our Wiki Graphic w/ 2017/2018.
            Alan

Comment

Working...
            X