Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum FAQs section for answers to forum related FAQs.

one thing I've learned

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drumlogic
    Registered Member
    • 07-2001

one thing I've learned

I've seen so many people, including myself, post an amazing array of questions here for our resident experts to ponder about. Some times I've found my self searching for the perfect sound from a sample I get way into all the proceesing capabilities such as mic type, ambience, reverb, room size, room material, tuning....etc. One thing I've learned is to take the time to step back and try all of the samples in the td-10 and mess with them all a little. I used to flip through the samples and stop at the first one I liked and then tried to perfect it through all the processing capabilities. I also realized I dont really know what I like and that what I seem to like the most changes from week to week. It's very frustrating that we humans are never truly satisfied.

-drumlogic
    -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,
  • dr. kildrum

I really agree with that. Some of the samples that on first impression I thought were truly lame, are actually now some of my favorites (with a little TLC added).

Comment

• studioVjeff
      Registered Member
      • 06-2001

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
      I really agree with that. Some of the samples that on first impression I thought were truly lame, are actually now some of my favorites (with a little TLC added).
      Ditto

Comment

• HolShot
        Registered Member
        • 08-2001

Sometimes having a lot of choices can really be a curse.

Comment

• Snills
          Registered Member
          • 06-2001

Same here,
          I was obsessed with the TDW1 kit #1 for the 1st month, but now can't stand it.

Lately, I seem to be going through a phase of tuning all of my snares up and cymbals down. I'm suprised that more of us aren't sharing our favorite kits.

Regards,
          Bill

Comment

Working...