Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But will it work for me?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But will it work for me?...

I have been searching the forum for info about the BBE 482 sonic maximizer (cool name). What I need to know is if this will work for me. My equipment is:

V-Club set w/TD6
    Behringer KX1200 keyboard amp (OK, I wish I had researched more about this company, but at $199...)

The guys who said they liked the BBE 482 had TD10's or TD8's (if they had a TD6, they didn't say). Would this work for my limited outputs and would I also need a DI box (I'm not too slick with this stuff!)? The current setup needs help in the high frequency department (CYMBALS sound muffled). And I don't currently have a PA -- just the KX1200.

Thank you for you help.

Doug
    :D I just love to play drums!!!:D

BBE

Sounds like you can pick the BBE up & get some immediate help for your high-end. 2 channels, so you can either run a left-right split, an "everything" plus 1 (snare, kick, cymbals, etc.) split, or whatever. Bottom line, you'll have 2 channels to play with, so figure out how it'll work best for you. All the additional stuff you'll need will be a couple of cables.

Have fun!
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

...Behringer KX1200 keyboard amp (OK, I wish I had researched more about this company, but at $199...)...

What's wrong with the Behringer? I was thinking of picking one up...

Comment

Oh, nothing is wrong with the Behringer itself. It works great. It's just that others on the board have cast some doubt as to the ethical integrity of the company (I noticed the accusations after I bought). Let's say there MAY be children in China working on your next purchase...
        BUT, LET'S NOT GO THERE PLEASE!!!

Confusedly yours,

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DrumnDad
          Oh, nothing is wrong with the Behringer itself. It works great. It's just that others on the board have cast some doubt as to the ethical integrity of the company (I noticed the accusations after I bought). Let's say there MAY be children in China working on your next purchase...
          BUT, LET'S NOT GO THERE PLEASE!!!

Confusedly yours,

Doug
          Cool. Thanks!

Comment

As I previously mentioned, I never knew what kind of company they were until after my purchase. Thank you Chris for informing us about these offensive practices. What may be public knowledge to those involved professionally in the music business is often unknown to those of us who aren't as sophisticated.
            Sometimes we need to hear this type of info from others who live and breathe music (and the related business unfortunately attached to it). I have nobody I talk to about this stuff, except you guys on the forum (sniff...sniff). I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Ahem, please excuse the spontaneous outburst of emotion above. I'm all verclempt(sp) about Valentine's Day, you know. Talk amongst yourselves...

I'm alright...

Thanks for your responses. You have been of great help.

And now, time to order...

Doug (born in Georgia, so I can't be all that bad!)

Comment

UPDATE!!!!

It really works like they said, even better than I thought! The sound was muffled before, with no high-end clarity on the cymbals. What a huge difference this makes.

Thank you to those of you recommending this. It's GREAT!!!!

Doug

Comment

Working...
              X