Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic inst info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic inst info

Hopefully someone here will be able to help me out with this one.

I have the TDw-1 (with expansion chip) and I see in my TD-10 book on page 152 that there are some basic inst(s) that I can select (piano, guitar, etc.), however, when I click on the insturment button and start looking around in there none of the insturments that are listed in my td-10 book are in the list of available insturments.

How do I access these intruments?

thanks

J
    TD30KV, SPD-S, SPD-30, RMP-5, Jamhub Greenroom, Tama Iron Cobra double peddle, Pearl RH-2000 remote HH, CowPaddy, BeatBar, IW Drums Lites, Stealth AtoE 16" Ride, 8" Splash cymbals.

Yeah,

They're listed in my TD-8 manual too and I'm having the same problem. I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
    Chris

Comment

Re: Basic inst info

Originally posted by cyberdyke
      ...How do I access these intruments?...
      With a midi keyboard. I don't know of a way to access those sounds through the pads. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those sounds are there for the use in the sequencer. Believe it or not, some of the synth "pad" sounds in the td-10 are better than the Alesis NanoSynth. IMO.

Raffy85

Comment

I thought so too but if you read the instructions it looks like they might only be available through the pads.

My first thought was to get a midi keyboard and give it a try but I would really like to avoid that if possible.

I thought maybe if I could find a td-10 that hasn't been expanded and copy the original sounds to my memory "stick" I'd be able to access them - Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a td-10 that hasn't been altered?

J
        TD30KV, SPD-S, SPD-30, RMP-5, Jamhub Greenroom, Tama Iron Cobra double peddle, Pearl RH-2000 remote HH, CowPaddy, BeatBar, IW Drums Lites, Stealth AtoE 16" Ride, 8" Splash cymbals.

Comment

That's the one thing about the Roland stuff, you have to either play a part into the sequencer or stick a chord or bass line into it using Cakewalk or any sequencing program. Then you can access it from a pad either start/stop or tap mode. It's a little less creative but alot easier than having to program each pad to play something melodic, which never really works all that well to begin with. I've heard that Omar Hakim does this.
          Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
          X