Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart Ecymbal-II's in action...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Ecymbal-II's in action...

Anyone interested in seeing what the Hart Ecymbal-II's look like in action? I have a rather silly little video available for download on my site.

Just go here and select 'Samples' from the menu. From that screen, select one of the two videos in the first box.

The two videos have the same content. One of them uses the DivX CODEC and, I think, is better. The other uses the Microsoft MPEG-4 CODEC which is not as good... but may be more widely available.

Anyway!! Check out how the cymbals look in action.
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

Thanks for posting these videos, Ranman! Nice drumming, too!

I've been debating what I want to replace my horrid CY-6s with, and after reading your other posts about the Harts and seeing that video, my mind is made up.

Our setups are very similar so I now know what they'll look like on my kit.

Thanks!

Kurt
    Drum Lord
    Pearl Mimic on Alesis Strike Kit
    My Homepage
    My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by drumlord
      I've been debating what I want to replace my horrid CY-6s with, and after reading your other posts about the Harts and seeing that video, my mind is made up.

Our setups are very similar so I now know what they'll look like on my kit.
      While the Ecymbal-II's do look great in action, you might want to also consider the newer 'S' series for the crashes. Although they are black and, thus, not as visually impressive, they do have a padded striking surface which could be beneficial. I am noticing little gold flecks on the floor under the cymbals - suggesting a slight destruction of the cymbals.

I long ago adjusted them such that I am certain that I am striking them correctly, so this may just be a weakness in the pad itself or precipitous from striking them incorrectly in the past.

Note that the AUDIENCE side of the platters remains pristine so the visual effect is still great! I am still a very satisfied customer.

Thanks for posting these videos, Ranman! Nice drumming, too!
      Thank you!! (I'm such a ham.)
      My website...
      VCustom kit,
      TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
      HDI Cymbals.

Comment

Very cool Ranman - Thanks for the visual!

Comment

Originally posted by Albator
          Especially the splash
          I'll get that going eventually. Just need an inexpensive 'trigger-to-midi' solution. Looks good sitting there, anyway!
          My website...
          VCustom kit,
          TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
          HDI Cymbals.

Comment

14 ECYMBAL II CHINA

just got my 3 new ecymbals II and pro snare unpacked, regarding the china anyone else got one?? Am I wrong or is it just an upturned standard CY with the trigger on the other side.

Other than that they look the business And very very light !!!

Snare Yum Yum Yummmmmmmmmm !!!!

got to set them up now - don't u just love new gear TOYS TOYS TOYS

Later
            Last edited by jackeen; 02-03-03, 03:12 PM.
            -------------

Jackeen

Roland TD12 V- kit,VH12 hi hat, Hart Prosnare, Hart Ecymbals II 14' Crash & China, 9' splash, DB Tech' S400, Axis double pedals, sonor twin effect and no feckin talent

Comment

Originally posted by jackeen
              just got my 3 new ecymbals II and pro snare unpacked...got to set them up now...
              Pictures! We require photographic evidence!

Shux... send me a ticket and I'll fly over and photograph them myself.
              My website...
              VCustom kit,
              TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
              HDI Cymbals.

Comment

The tickets in the post.

I've put them back in the box - too nice to hit em.

Nice Vid

Do u have the china

Man the snare looks BBBIIIGGGGGGGGG compared to the pd 8s
                Last edited by jackeen; 02-03-03, 03:22 PM.
                -------------

Jackeen

Roland TD12 V- kit,VH12 hi hat, Hart Prosnare, Hart Ecymbals II 14' Crash & China, 9' splash, DB Tech' S400, Axis double pedals, sonor twin effect and no feckin talent

Comment

Originally posted by jackeen
                  Nice Vid
                  Thanks.

Do u have the china
                  No, I didn't see the need. I figured I could make it 'sound' like a china and that'd be good enough for me. I do understand wanting one for the 'visual' effect, but that wasn't important enough for me.
                  My website...
                  VCustom kit,
                  TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
                  HDI Cymbals.

Comment

Hi chris,

Love the pic and 2 questions from your set up.

You still prefer the roland HH?

and following from another thread regarding sitting position. As a matter of interest on technique your base drum seems to be in line with the front of your high Toms or even overlapping your snare ??

One more do you play Trad grip

Oh Ranman - sorry - kinda side lined your thread
                    -------------

Jackeen

Comment

-------------

Jackeen

Comment

It looks to me as if his kick is under the AUDIENCE side of the toms, pretty much in line with the rack's uprights. That's where mine lives.

Good luck with the double-bass licks. I had a double pedal for many years ... and will again when I can afford it. It does add a nice dimension to the licks.
                        My website...
                        VCustom kit,
                        TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
                        HDI Cymbals.

Comment

It looks to me as if his kick is under the AUDIENCE side of the toms, pretty much in line with the rack's uprights. That's where mine lives.
                          To me it looks the opposite 3 or 4 " from the center shaft of his snare and well in front of his uprights.

"shaft", "upright" Hmmmmmmm !!!
                          -------------

Jackeen

Comment

Good luck with the double-bass licks. I had a double pedal for many years ... and will again when I can afford it. It does add a nice dimension to the licks
                            She get pissed off with the double pedal !!. The noise travels through the floor downstairs. Maybe if I foam fill the gap between the floor boards and ceiling what would help

Anyone the same problem !!!

All you lot over there with your basements and apple pie and bottles of BUD you make me sick.

Last edited by jackeen; 02-04-03, 10:28 AM.
                            -------------

Jackeen

Comment

c. jude -- If you are looking for an aux kick trigger, consider the new Yamaha KP-65 (only $60-$70). I just bought one and I really like it, and I have already ordered another one to replace my KD-120. (I actually prefer it over the KD-120!) Works fine with a hard rubber beater, but if you stick a few strips of masking tape over the striking area you can use felt without having the rubber flake off. For me it plays even better that way.
                              Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Working...
                              X