Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be a good first sampler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be a good first sampler?

The SPD-S got me thinking. If I got a sampler, I could trigger it with my spd11. Any suggestings. I'm thinking the Korg Eletribe S might be a good starter. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

It really depends on what kind of stuff you want to do with the sampler. If your goal is achieving realistic acoustic drums, neither the Electribe nor the SPD-S is suitable. If you want to do soundeffects, eletronic beats, loops perhaps, they may be a good choice. I don't know if the Electribe handles loops nicely, but you can load your own samples (believe it has 4mb) and make some cool 'sequences' as well.

Tom

Comment

If you just need a sampler to trigger the odd effect from the SPD-11 you could try the Roland SP-303 but if it is to trigger a complete set then due to the limited polypongy of the SP(cutting off voices) you could try an EMU ESI-2000 (just discontinued) or a used better spec'd EMU or Akai sampler.

If it just for home use you could use your PC/Mac with a software sampler like Native Instruments Battery using MIDI interface on your computer.

Mick
      www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

Working...
      X