Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, some pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, some pics...

Just finished assembling my acoustic kit and Vdrum kit side by side and thought I'd post a couple of pictures.

I finished the Vdrums to look like my DW set using maple contact paper. I was hoping the two would look similar and I'm pleased with the results of the contact paper.

When I sit there and look at the kit, I think my god, do I need all this? But yes, there's no question a lot of time will be spent behind both the A's and the Vdrums.

http://www.pbase.com/vdrums/drums

~Jeff

ditto!
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Wow!

Nice setup, I wish I had the money to do that
      Jazz nerd with old school Gretch kit and dirty Zildjian K's all around. Hart Pro 5.3 kit with TD-8 in my apartment for practicing without disturbing my annoying neighbors.

Comment

Color me jealous! Is that a custom wrap on your v's?

Duh. I just re-read your post and, yup, custom wrap. Now you can color me stupid.
        My website...
        VCustom kit,
        TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
        HDI Cymbals.
        A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Be-You-T-Full !!! Wow!
          Boom Theory Spacemuffins
          TD6
          HDI Cymbals

Comment

Is this drum heaven?

Nice pictures!
            Robert

Comment

man, thats nice!

Comment

Thanks everyone. This kit actually took about seven years in the making and I literally pieced it together drum by drum.

First I bought the original TD7 kit back in '95, then slowly added pads - PD120s, TD10, KD120 etc. as I could afford it. I sold off the excess TD7 stuff on ebay. It's definitely not the cheapest route to go but I couldn't spring for a complete V Pro kit at the time.

I set up my acoustic kit after recently moving into a house with a basement. I've been practicing on the V Drums exclusively for the last six years and noticed the transition back to playing the acoustics wasn't all that easy. Agree? I think I got used to the bouncy nature of the mesh heads and the overall ease of use of the V's. It seems necessary to work a little bit harder to pull that out of the acoustic drums.

~Jeff

Comment

Chris, by the way -- you've got a great looking studio. What kind of software sequencer are you using?

Comment

Beautiful setup. Love the wrap. But how do you keep those v-cymbals looking so pristine? Mine look like they've been chewed up by the dog, at least on the striking area.
                    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

amazing!

Really a great set-up there!
                      DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Oh Man! (please excuse me now, I have to go get something to clean up my drool...)

Comment

what cymbals are those?? They don't look like Roland CY's to me...

Comment

"But how do you keep those v-cymbals looking so pristine?"

Maybe it's the way the light hits them, but they're not really all that pristine. I don't do anything to them other than ocassionally wipe the dust off.

"what cymbals are those?? They don't look like Roland CY's to me..."

They're CY's with the exception of one Pintech 10" cymbal I use as a splash.

Comment

Very nice!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X