Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I Got A Sampler............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I Got A Sampler............

it's an akai s5000.....455.00 on ebay.it's my first foray into the world of sampling.......maybe down the road i'll get something else,but for now it'll probably more than do.i'm ready to read/study my arse off.i love this geeky ****e!i'm sure i'm in for a bumpy ride.but i can't wait.i'll use it for much more than drums i'm sure.i always hear songs in my head with clarinet/sax/violin etc.but i'm no master of the bohem set.hehe i've never even met a clarinet player much less been able to call one over to jam with.so here i go.......head first into the wolrd of the geddy lee's feefer's and c.judes YEEHAW!!!
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

seems everything is cheap on ebay since christmas........i saw it sitting there at 450....and there was 1 minute left......i thought jeez that's low so i bid just to see if the guy had a higher total set...and i won.blew me away really..... thanks for the positive feedback.you can always use it after any purchase........
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I bought my first sampler in the mid 90's, a Peavey SP/SX combo then I got a Yamaha TX16W and before long I was hooked. I finally sold all my crap and bought an Emu E4XT and I haven't looked back since.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Seconded on the "great price" comments. Fairly comprehensive "first foray" into sampling. You wont need much more !
        Have you also seen the prices now on digi mixers like the 01v ? Starting to get real low and will probably get lower now there is an 01v96.
        Awesome to think an s5000 and 01v could only set you back about $1000 these days.

Bob
        Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

Comment

man i could see me with 4 td-10's and a room full of samples......hehe.some of the libraries i've looked at are obviously way to high in price(miroslav.etc.).i'm not danny elfman.but i was amazed to see how much quality stuff is out there samplewise.........and at really fair prices.if you have'nt already,go to www.ilio.com and check out world winds...whew,awesome.theres one floating around called rare instruments too.well thanks for the responses guys as usual......

Comment

The way I figure it, I used to buy old synths to get new sounds. Now I just buy sounds and loops on CDrom and play them all back on my great sounding sampler. It winds up being less expensive and less of a pain to rearrange my rack every time I bought a new synth module.
            Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
            X