Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Cymbol Crash sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Cymbol Crash sensitivity

My new CY-14C crashes (using TDW-1 w/V-Cymbol Control) sometimes will not trigger when hit, or I have to hit real hard and sometimes they trigger real loud. I've tried changing Sensitivity and Velocity, but can't get them right, is there something else i can do? Can someone give me some options?
    Thanks

Make sure the Roland emblem is facing you! The trigger zone (about 1/3 of the entire rim) is outlined on the back side. Hit inside that!

Comment

I am using bank 2 and the Roland emblem is on the far side.

Comment

How about checking your pan and mixer settings. Can you backup your kits and reintialize? If that doesn't work, it's a wire or broken cymbal issue.

Comment

For what it's worth, one of my two CY-6's has had this sort of issue since day 1. Sometimes it just doesn't trigger right. I can whack the stuffing out of it, and not get a hit, then I'll hit it with a regular stroke, and get a perfect sound. The other CY-6 (with the exact same settings) has no such problems. I've found a particular spot where I hit it to get better triggering, so I've been kinda just sucking it up, but at some point I should probably send it back for another... What's the warranty on Roland pads? I guess I'll have to pay to ship it to them, huh...
          kit pr0n.

Comment

Working...
          X