Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland V-stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland V-stage

Has anyone played or heard anything about the new Roland V-Stage? If so, what is the scoop on it? No local stores in my area have it in stock.

How does it compare to the Hart Mega Pro?

Thanks,
    Todd

My understanding is the Stage set is replacing the V-Custom set.
    It is the 8 inch mesh pads and the TD-8 module, just like the Custom used to have. However, they have replaced two of the PD-7 pads with V-cymbals.

I played on one at a Guitar Center in metro Phoenix before I bought my Customs on EBay. Played just fine, if you are okay with the smaller pads. As for V-cymbals, I was underwhelmed. They did not feel very much different than the pads. If I ever decide to upgrade, I will explore all the other products before making a decision.

GC had it priced in the neighborhood of $2600 I think.

I don't know anything about the Hart products, but several folks on this site love their professional grade stuff.

Good luck!
    Roland V-Custom (TD-8)
    A Zildjian Cymbals (1 K crash)
    Titan 1000 rack
    QSC RMX 850 amp
    Madison speakers
    DW Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by BamBam
      As for V-cymbals, I was underwhelmed. They did not feel very much different than the pads. If I ever decide to upgrade, I will explore all the other products before making a decision.

Good luck!
      There are several models of V-Cymbals. All V-Cymbals were NOT created equal. One of the reasons Roland is charging an arm and a leg for the top of the line V-Cymbals is the weight, balance and feel, and you are not getting those models with the V-Stage. I too was underwhelmed with the CY-6. However, the 12H, 14C, 15R were pretty impressive to me.

Definitely explore other models. There have been some real improvements to the Hart line lately and Pete H. seems to be getting closer to getting the feel of acoustic with low noise desired with electronic. Other brands have also had a lot of mention on this site.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

the v-stage (in England anyway) doesn't come with the CY-6's, it comes with two CY-12R/C's. I don't know how they compare to the other V-Cymbals but they all look similar to me (apart from the obvious size difference). The ones I have are ok, but don't feel like 'real' cymbals at all. The Hart one's look ace and probably feel more like acoustic cymbals, but i can't comment as in all my local music shops (and anywhere in England I believe) Hart is an unknown word!!
        Gear: TD8KV. Tama Superstar http://photobucket.com/albums/d62/Danny_Sticks/
        Bands: www.myspace.com/njoyband
        www.myspace.com/station14

Comment

Here are all the specs:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/sub...=5&subcatid=22

Terry
          I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

And it appears they do here too. Wrong assumption on my part. I have not seen or played them so I really can't say (correction: give an opinion) on where they fit in on the playability scale. Darn those late night posts of mine ! Anyways, the point is still the same. There are different models with different attributes. Don't judge the entire line on one model.
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I just got my set last month from www.musiccenterinc.com and really like it. I got the V-Stage for $2,195 and the TDA-700 amplifier for $725. All brand new in the box. This is the best deal I could find. www.riksmusic.com was very close in price.
              Chris

Comment

Gear: TD8KV. Tama Superstar http://photobucket.com/albums/d62/Danny_Sticks/
                Bands: www.myspace.com/njoyband
                www.myspace.com/station14

Comment

-------------

Jackeen

Roland TD12 V- kit,VH12 hi hat, Hart Prosnare, Hart Ecymbals II 14' Crash & China, 9' splash, DB Tech' S400, Axis double pedals, sonor twin effect and no feckin talent

Comment

HDI Custom

Thanks to all that replied and all that have shared information about HDI. I ended up getting a Hart's Custom 5 piece with the new studio e-cymbals and TD6. The new cymbals look very cool. I just hope they feel and sound even better. Has anyone out there played them?

Originally, I had my heart set on the Roland V-Stage, but after finding this site and learning more about HDI, I took a chance and went with a Hart kit. Bigger heads and the lifetime warranty finally sold me. I just hope Hart is a healthy company BTW, got great service from Riksmusic.

Todd

ps. is there a similar site for acoustic drums?

Comment

Working...
                    X