Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v-base drum (red) t-10 tw1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-base drum (red) t-10 tw1

cant seem to get enough volume from my base drum.went into control room adjust volume and pan levels but my base drum is very low.also when i hit my base drum dead center with my sticks im getting no sound (beater hits) but when i hit arounds the rim area im getting plenty of volume. is there a sensitivty control.any help would be appreciated.root [email protected]

Start by checking the settings in the TD-10:

Setup -> F1 [Trig] -> F1 [Bank]

The bass drum should be input 1 and it should be set to 'K12'.

Then F2[Basic] you will find sensitivity and threshold controls for the selected pad. Be sure the kick drum is selected and then adjust these values (mine are sensitivity 7, threshold 5).

If that isn't doing it for you, then check the internal mixer. Control Room -> F1 [Mixer].

Joe

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
    | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

I use log 1 instead of linear to keep my bass drum sound louder. I sometimes have a sof foot.........comes from so many years of playing an acoustic kit in church.
      Ted H.

Comment

I've had problems with the bass drum levels too, so i lowered all of the rest of the kit in the internal mixer and kept the bass drum high, and then raised the entire volume either through the module, mixer, or amp, and it sounds great now.

I also run the bass drum through a seperate channel on a mixer so it has another volume control. If you have a mixer, then it seems to help the bass drum 'cut through' by raising the high end eq as well.
        Gear: TD8KV. Tama Superstar http://photobucket.com/albums/d62/Danny_Sticks/
        Bands: www.myspace.com/njoyband
        www.myspace.com/station14

Comment

Try lowering all the group faders except the kick.
          Alot of people overlook this feature of the TD-10.
          Woody

2002 Purple V-Session w/PM-3 monitor-TDA-700 amplifier

1971 Psychedelic Red Ludwig Rockers with Zildjian cymbals

Comment

yeah the group faders should work fine.

As i'm not with my drums now, does the faders on the module modify the volume on the internal mixer - or is that a seperate thing?

Comment

The group faders are seperate from the internal mixers.
              They just control the volume of each specified instrument.
              Woody

Comment

I normally try to leave the group faders at full volume (this is on a td-8) and just modify them maybe slightly for final adjustment. I've found that if you move the group fader then change kit and move that fader again, then flip back to the original kit, the position of the fader is not its 'true' level, and if you're doing a lot of tweaking you could get lost as to where the actual faders for each kit were set.

I just prefer to use the internal as the 'master' mixer.

Volumes can be a funny thing though, cos i have internal mixer, faders, main mix, onto my mixer with volumes for sections of the kit, and main volume, and then finally, volume on the amp. There's so many combinations to change volume. Its like a juggling session!!

Comment

I tend to keep the faders in the middle section.
                  If I need more volume for a particular drum/cymbal, I just turn up whichever one I need more from.
                  This way, I don't turn up the whole volume level.
                  Just that particular drum/cymbal.
                  There are alot of variables as to how you can get louder sound levels for each drum/cymbal.
                  I suppose it boils down to what is comfortable for you.
                  Woody

Comment

Working...
                  X