Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD 80 false triggering suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD 80 false triggering suggestions?

Hi,
    I notice that my KD 80 pad is generating an extra unplayed random trigger. Any one have any ideas what is causing this or how to stop this? Is it a bad trigger? Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    mark

You might try adjusting the retrig cancel parameter.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Isn't that to cancel false triggering from wierd frequency waves off an acoustic drum when using an external trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by moelarrycu
        Isn't that to cancel false triggering from wierd frequency waves off an acoustic drum when using an external trigger?
        It is for that, but I was thinking more in terms of a little bounce back when you lay into the pad. From what I have read, the mesh kicks are prone to bouncing if you like to lay into them. I thought I had read on this site that in some cases it could prevent that second trigger.

In rereading your post I see you call it a "random" problem. If it is truely random, than it probably won't help.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to post at 2:35 a.m.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Yeah, I would first suspect of cross talk or some sort of bounce. To me it seems like the trigger "cone" could load up on an angle somehow then spring back into position once it gets over far enough thus causiing the randon trigger. I wounder if it is faulty?

Comment

Let's ask feefer......

Comment

That would rock. He must be the man?

Comment

Comment

Hi,
                  I did the process of elimination test. Everything is well plugged, I tried it in the tom port, it also false triggered there so it is trigger oriented. I switched cables, both mono and stereo, still the same. Took the head off to look, still nothing. Tightened the head loosened he head. Still the same although it seems that exremely high tension cuts the incidence of extra notes down SLIGHTLY. The rack is far enough away. I give up? I'm close. Any other ideas? Once again, the extra note is random. Sometimes just before a note or after a strike.

Pees,
                  M

Comment

Working...
                  X