Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regret

its almost a month since i got my TD8k complete set..
    i was gonna use it for gigs,recordings etc and also for practice home
    but last friday i played a gig on a acoustic set,and you know what.. it complete changed my mind. nothing sounds better actually than good A's to me.
    with the money i spend on the TD8k i could buy a Td6k and a semi-pro acoustic kit ( Pearl Session series)
    i also play in a band,we play techno rnb and stuff and i think the td6k would just do that job just the same like the td8
    ok the td8 is pro,i play once in a week on a td6k,and sometimes think that i throwed away my money with the td8,td6 sounds great to me,i dont need all this virtual drum editing...
    don't get me wrong,i like my td8k very much,but an acoustic set still fills my heart with great warmth ..

cheers

The VDrums are to be treated and viewed as a differant percussion instrument or tool at your disposal. There are Acoustic Guitars and Electric Guitars; Acoustic Drums and Electric Drums. Each musician needs to determine what tool best serves their musical needs. For the majority of the VDrum (and other brands) users, the VDrums fulfills their needs to the point where they no longer need acoustics (Pros outway the Cons). Others have found a happy hybrid mix (especially where cymbals are concerned - as in my case). And still others alternate between acoustic and electric. Everything has it's place and time. And then there are the few of use who need even more diversification, and have obtained a Zendrum or Handsonic HPD-15. They all are simply tools to achieve the end result - music.

Sounds like the direction you are heading best suits your musical needs.

Curious though as to how far back into 'true' acoustics you are going - back to real skin heads?
    Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Regret???

Tom's right, Professor. You shouldn't regret your V-Drum exploration/investment. I got into V's almost 3 years ago, when a guitarist friend of mine wanted me to be part of his midi act. It was a tempting invite; he would buy the Yamaha DTExpress for me to play. Well, I opted to buy the V-Custom kit for myself and I would use it for other projects as well. I made enough $ doing the midi thing in a relatively short time to pay off the kit. I never gave up on my acoustics though. About 2 years ago, the V's got me into a classic rock band...these guys are 80's hair band rockers and they love the V-Drums! We work very regularly, and we get nothing but compliments on the sound of the band. Funny, the other band I've been with for a number of years, a 11 piece horn/soul band, can't seem to warm up to the V's. These guys are older, and just don't get it. Once the leader of the band got a comment from someone, "Can't your drummer afford a REAL drumset?", he forgot how good the sound was. I use my acoustics for that gig (and only made about 25% of my music earnings from that band).
      The best part is rehearsals! I grab my TD-8, some cables and my Zendrum and plug into the PA! I'm not dragging drums to rehearsals anymore!
      Even though I got to hate and finally quit the midi gig that got me started edrumming, it really opened doors for me and made me a more versatile and marketable drummer.
      Sorry for the rant, but I think that you'll get into the "virtual drum editing" eventually and really appreciate the TD-8. Give it some time.

Comment

Working...
      X