Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-7 for hihats on the TD-6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-7 for hihats on the TD-6?

Hi all

Can't seem to find this question answered anywhere here so here goes...

I'm thinking of getting a PD-7 dual trigger pad to use for my hihats. I was wondering if this will work on the TD-6 in the same was as with the TD-8 & 10.

What I was hoping is that I will be able to set it up to play half open hats in the middle and fully open hats on the edge either using the internal sounds or sounds from Kontakt/Battery kits. I would just store this in a custim kit. I'm fairly happy with the sound that the two hats produce via Kontakt/Battery kits as this is how I normally program at the moment as I do it via my keyboard.

I just don't know if the TD-6 trigger input alls for the dual trigger.

If anyone can answer this I'm be chuffed, I dont wan't to get a dual trigger if it only allows a mono!

Reevo

PD-7 for hihtas on the TD-6

I know for a fact that the TD-6 supports dual trigger on the HH. I'm currently using a PD-9 as my HH. However, I just won an ebay bid on a pd-7 ($42! - hope the damn thing works!) and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I plan to use it as the HH instead of the pd-9. PD-9 is kind of big and would probably be better as a crash.

Regarding the sounds you are wanting to achieve, I'm ASSUMING that these specific sound options are in the TD-6. I haven't totally investigated every HH sound up to this point.

I actually use a tamborine sound on the HH rim in several of my kits.
    Scott
    Frisco, TX
    Current drummer for Dan Scot Parr
    http://www.danscotparr.com

Comment

Epicurean's right. The PD-7 will work great with the TD-6. I used a PD-7 with mine and had no trouble with the rim and head settings. Once I changed the pad type, there it was.

The feel was another matter. I just couldn't get used to playing hi-hat on the pad. Something about the feel that just didn't do it for me. I got the CY-12H hi-hat pad last month and I'm much more comfortable playing with it.

However, your mileage may vary.

-bruce
      eDrums: TD-12, PDX-8 , PD-8s, CY12R/C, CY-8s, CY5, KD-8, MDS-10PL rack, SPD6
      aDrums: Pearl Masters Studio (Birch) 7pc, Zildjian & Sabian Paragon Cymbals, Pearl Hardware & rack

Comment

Originally posted by boose44
        ... Once I changed the pad type, there it was.

-bruce
        Hi Bruce,

This is interesting, you change the pad type from the TD-6's normal hihat mode to a custom mode where you set the samples right?

Reevo

Comment

Not quite. Kits already have a rim sound assigned to the rim trigger of the hi-hat, but since the PD6 isn't a dual trigger pad, they aren't triggered when using it.

In the Utility Menu section is where you change the pad type for each of the triggers.

There's a dedicated setting for the PD6 and another for the PD7/9. As soon as you select the PD7/9, your rim sounds will be activated, provided you're using a PD7 or 9 and a stereo cable, of course!

I thought it pretty cool that the kits were already set up for rim sounds on the hi-hats. Of course you'll probably want to do some additional tweaking of pitch/decay/whatever to suite your taste. Or even change them to other samples completely.

Hope this helps, and I haven't muddied the waters up too much!

-bruce
          eDrums: TD-12, PDX-8 , PD-8s, CY12R/C, CY-8s, CY5, KD-8, MDS-10PL rack, SPD6
          aDrums: Pearl Masters Studio (Birch) 7pc, Zildjian & Sabian Paragon Cymbals, Pearl Hardware & rack

Comment

Originally posted by boose44
            Not quite...<snip>...Hope this helps, and I haven't muddied the waters up too much!

-bruce
            Not at all Boose44, much clearer now thanks. It seems that the TD-6 has many features that other manufacturers wouldn't have bothered putting in :-)

Cheers,

Reevo

Comment

Working...
            X