Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VISU-LITE China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISU-LITE China

Has anyone demo'd the 18" China VISU-LITE 1800C, Price is $80 and comes in various colors. I would love add a couple to my kit as dedicated china's.

I have a question about that. Honestly, I'm not trying to be a smart-alec! I see that Visulite and Hart have 'China' cymbals that are shaped pretty much like authentic china cymbals. I'm asking myself (and you folks)... What's the point? I mean, does it feel different when you play it? Aside from looks - which, I'll admit, is no small factor when playing live - there doesn't seem to be a point to going to the china shape. I mean, the sound attached to it can be anything from a china crash to a dog bark, right? I guess what confuses me is that if you have a china-shaped cymbal you'll tend to have only china sounds assigned to it, whereas if it is a plain-spaped cymbal you won't hesitate to assign just about anything to it - even china.

Then again, why did I buy two 12" and a 14" ... when, by the same argument above, the difference between them in my living room or on a recording is negligible?

Maybe I'm just an odd sort.
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

I should've mentioned my opinion, so as not to hijack this thread: If you like the visulites then I'd say go ahead and get the cymbals. From what I've heard they are a great product and will service you well - PLUS provide a visual impact, if you are playing out live. IMHO: I really don't think any 'down side' (stick noise) would over-ride the positives for the purchase.

BTW: on my earlier note... one thing I did that was funny was to assign a gong to my little 9" splash. It really kind of bends your brain sideways to smack that little platter and hear this deep "Booooosh!" in response!
      My website...
      VCustom kit,
      TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
      HDI Cymbals.

Comment

It's 60% looks and 40% playablity. I have had a hard time justifying any purchase related to vdrums anymore. All I can say is that hitting a china feels different.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackmastersiii
          ...All I can say is that hitting a china feels different.
          Ah, well then I'd say go for it. What color(s) are you looking into?
          My website...
          VCustom kit,
          TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
          HDI Cymbals.

Comment

Two black. Mounted on either side. See pic attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yup, that'd be sweet alright. I'd love to see the updated photos.
              My website...
              VCustom kit,
              TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
              HDI Cymbals.

Comment

I use a 16" Visulite China. I got it for looks and feel. It is a little loud (stick noise) but I glued a piece of thick mouse pad to it and it works great to cut down on the stick noise. It is a china so I am bashing it pretty good and it is plenty sensitive enough triggering through the extra padding with lots of head room. The only problem I had is once time I got carried away and hit the non extra padded part and the china was super loud. It is a great buy for the money. If I had to do it again I might have spent the extra money to get a chokable version. I was thinking about getting a splash but I think the stick noise may be to much for a splash because you use a splash different then a china and I don't think I would put the extra padding on the splash because it wouldn't be able to do quick rolls and stuff on the splash. A green splash on the oppisite side of the china would look cool though. I also use an Aquarian cymbal spring with it and it looks and feels great. If you want I can post a pic of the china with the extra padding. The pic I have inserted just shows my china in the setup. (which will be changing soon because I just got a TMC-6 so it will be growing to 4 crashes and some extra PD-7 pads and all 4 toms back I am so EXCITED)
                Last edited by Stixx777; 07-13-09, 07:24 PM.
                Ted H.

Comment

These are the only cymbal triggs I can stand

I love the feel of all of my Visulites.
                  Here is a pic of my setup.

My suggestion is go for a whole set.
                  THEY TRACK AND FEEL BETTER THAN ANYTHING ON THE MARKET.
                  That's my oppinion.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X