Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y Cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y Cables

Hi guy !!
    I would like to know if there is any way to have use Y cables for multipling the nr. of pads. Sometime when you go out to the club you must let people think that more pads you have more better you play !!!
    I would like to add some PD9 or PD5 and split the sounds from Head and Border to 2 different pads. Do you think it is possible ??
    I have tried but no way. Do I mistake something ??
    Ciao

MAX Italy
    MAX - Italy

Yeah, I think you missed the same thing I missed... that the rim is different.

Here's what is happening with a PD7 or 9:

There is a single piezo (microphone) in there that captures the vibrations caused by sticks striking the pad. This is sent to the module on the tip of the stereo plug.

The rim of the pad is a switch. When you hit the rim not only is that piezo saying "I hear something!" to the module on the tip of the cable, but that rim 'switch' also sends a 'closed' message to the module on the 'ring' of the stereo plug.

So: piezo_info + open_switch = the pad was hit.
    and piezo_info + closed_switch = the rim was hit.

Sending piezo info (from another pad) where the module is expecting just and 'open' or 'closed' doesn't work.
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Of course, if you just want more pads (for the looks) and don't care that they sound exactly the same, then using stereo Y cables will work.

Some folks do this so that they can have their HH on both sides of the kit.
      My website...
      VCustom kit,
      TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
      HDI Cymbals.
      A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Working...
      X