Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximizer Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximizer Battle

I sold my BBE 482 to pay for a dbx driverack, but I've got to admit that I miss it. A good eq is essential, but the BBE just seemed to add punch, without the need for fine eq. adjustments. Visited BBE's web site and they done their best to confuse the hell out of me. 482, 482i, 362nr, 362sw, 882, 882i...yadda,yadda. So what does our community believe is the best model. With many stores liquidating their 482's/882's for $99/$199 it's a good value, but the specs for each series (300, 400, 800) do differ slightly.

Re: Maximizer Battle

I stumbled upon the prices just the other day. The 882 is $150 at Riks. Price isn't posted for the 482, but it's got to be cheap. I haven't looked anywhere else, but I think prices are as good as they are gonna get. The only problem with the 882 is it's for balanced in's/out's. You can still pick up the 482, which is probably more practical.

Funny thing is I PM'ed you a while ago when you had your 482 for sale and was going to let mine go too. Then, recently I said I changed my mind cause everytime I disconnected it, I missed it. It's a subtle little devil !
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

It is probably mental, because BBE claims their product isn't an exciter, but a maximizer, which means for my purposes as a vdrummer it's a low and high freq. boost. If it's truly a delay or phase shift or aligner blah..blah..blah, I don't notice it. I think BBE even has a hard time explaining what it does (example: There manual is for sh*t). The only why to truly demonstrate the added value of their product is too push the bypass button.

I remember your message and at that time I thought I could get $120 to $130 for my 482. I was lucky to get $115, which is certainly more than the $99 current rate. I paid my dbx off, played out a couple times with it and really love it, but it's better suited for a complete PA system. It's overkill for just vdrums. But I wanted an good eq anyways and, if you can afford it, you'll be pleased with the custom amp/speaker settings, pink noise eq., crossover, sub harmonic synth, etc. all in 2 -space rack unit.

I'm trying to decide between the BBE 362, they're $90 on ebay, but I'm confused about headroom diff., output/input specs between the difference models. Again will I ever notice a difference?
      Last edited by Jackmastersiii; 12-03-02, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Studio

Comment

Ok. I will. Thanks

Comment

Called riks and bought their last 882 for $150. Their 482's are still selling for $180 ???.

Comment

Working...
            X