Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new cables for V-Session?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cables for V-Session?

THE ORIGINAL STEREO CABLES FOR MY v-SESSION ARE STARTING TO FAIL! SOUND FAMILIAR? i GIG ALMOST EVERY WEEK-END & i LEAVE MY CABLES ON THE RACK, FOLD, & CUT OUT AFTER THE GIG! ANY SUGESSTIONS ON REPLACEMENTS?

ALSO, ONE OF MY "HATCHED" CLAMPS HAS A CRACK! WHERE TO GET A REASONABLY PRICED ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT!

THANKS,
    VeeMan

Hi.
    I got the same trouble with the clamps. The first time was when I mount the rack BEFORE a session :-(.
    Second time, returning from holidays, I found my PD-7 on the floor !!! I was on holidays for two weeks !!! Unbelievable !!!
    Finaly, I think that perfect hardware is Gibraltar.
    First, the clamps can be "full open". So if you want to change the place of one of them, you don't have to unmount all the stuff (when it is in the middle of the stand).
    Second, they are absolutely unbreakable :-)
    Unfortunatly, the Gibraltar stand don't exists in black.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

new cables/ clamps etc

Thanks,

I had a friend of mine who owns his own music store & is a repairman to make me 2 back-up cables a long time ago! they are much more sturdy & the plugs are much larger!

I prefer the Roland smaller cables - - I can hide them easier!!

I saw a place on here once where they sold the Original Roland cables & clamps!

Help!! anyone?????

Comment

any music retailer...music123.com riks music musicians friend radio shack....EVERYONE has them seriously.
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

cables

Another option for the cables is to "roll your own".

If you or a good friend knows how to work a soldering iron, you can make your own cables that will perform identically to the Roland (or any other brand) trigger cables.

Purchase a bunch of straight and right-angle stereo 1/4" plugs and about 50-100' of three conductor cable. Solder up the ground, sleeve, and tip of each plug to the corresponding end on the other side and you're ready to plug in and test.

My favorite vendors for this sort of stuff are MCM Electronics and Parts Express.

The stereo plus are less than 1.25 each and the latter sells "S-Video" cable that is a perfect fit for the above application, 250' for about $35.

With the Roland cables selling for at least $10 for a 10 footer, this can easily save some money, if multiple cables are needed.

Additionally, I've found that the bulk audio wire that MCM sells can be used to make patch cords that rival the $$ ones that the music stores sell.

Comment

Working...
          X