Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CD Burner for iMac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Burner for iMac?

I suppose I could post this at another forum, but you guys seem to be able to answer almost anything w/ excellent suggestions.

I have an iMac I would like to get a CD burner for. It would have to be an external unit since the iMac has no slots for expanding.

I would be using this primarily for picture storage and saving audio from Cubasis.

Well, I'm listening, any suggestions?

Tanks guys!

V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Been awhile since I did anything Mac wise. You might try a USB burner. Might be a bit slow, as I don't know if the Imacs use USB2.0. If you could find a firewire interface burner it would probably be better, assuming your mac has Firewire (Apple is really big on firewire vs. USB, so it probably does- check your manual)

I don't know if Macs use SCSI anymore, but if the Imac has an external SCSI interface you could try that too.

If nothing else, there are a number of Mac magazines still around, see if they have web sites you can search.
    That Dan Guy

Comment

Thanks Dan Guy. I totally forgot about firewire! However, I don't know anything about SCSI. I'll probably jump over to the Mac boards, but I wanted to check here first. Thanks!
      V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

I ocassionally use an iMac and they have both USB2.0 and Firewire. SCSI is not included and you can't add it.
        Maybe it's expensive but, have you tried to ask Apple how much would be to replace your CD rom with the superdrive?
        Naw!, forget about it. Instead check Lacie external CD recorders (USB2.0 and Firewire)

Pierre.

Comment

http://www.aopen.com/products/cdrw/EHW-4048U.htmhttp://www.aopen.com/products/dvd/Comby/ESV-188I.htm
          Last edited by Mr Harley; 11-20-02, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X