Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are PD9 pads ok for use with session set.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are PD9 pads ok for use with session set.

Hi
    Has anyone tried the PD9 pads with a TD10 expanded brain?

I was thinking of getting a couple to use with the session set I have to use for sound effects and percussion on some songs.
    They are cheaper than the v drums and I don't want to use my existing toms or cymbals for these extra sounds.

What do you think? is this the way to go or am I missing something.
    If anyone can suggest something better or give me some idea's I would appreciate it.
    Cheers
    sycle1
    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Re: Are PD9 pads ok for use with session set.

Originally posted by sycle1
    Hi
    Has anyone tried the PD9 pads with a TD10 expanded brain?

What do you think? is this the way to go or am I missing something.
    If anyone can suggest something better or give me some idea's I would appreciate it.
    Cheers
    sycle1
    When you consider the PD9's are what is supplied with the VConcert and what was supplied with the VPro's before the VCymbals came out, I think they might work . There are plenty of deals on them all the time now. Go for it.

Comment

I use one of each to fill up my aux inputs. I prefer the PD-9 for an extra cymbal/splash and mount it on a regular cymbal mount to the left of my Crash 1 and I use a PD-7 on a pad mount to the left of my high hat. This is typically used as a rim click/tamborine combo. Just one of many ways you can use these.

Of course, I still have PD's for cymbals and am waiting for a windfall of cash to swap out with Vcymbals.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Albator
        You can even get PD-7s. they fit anywhere & work the same as PD-9s + are even cheaper.
        I've recently seen several online stores (such as Musicians Friend) offering the PD-9s at a price lower than the PD-7s. With the recent price drop, it looks to me as if the PD-9s are being phased out. If space is not an issue with your present set up, then the PD9s are a better value.
        Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

You can get the PD-9 for $99.99 at Musician's Friend right now. They are selling the PD-7 for $169.99 --- bigger costs less --- go figure.
          I bought a PD-9 this summer to add to my v-club set and the lowest price I could find was $134. That was at
          bpmmusic.com You may try and see if Dwight can give you a competitive price.

Have a great weekend!

Doug
          :D I just love to play drums!!!:D

Comment

What current set comes with a PD-9? Is the V-Concert still a current item? Is, probably not for long. Looks like they are downsizing the pads to squeeze out a buck and pushing some type of V-cymbal for all but the low end of their line. They are a money making machine!
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

thanks for your input

Thanks for the info.
              Looks like I might get some pd9 pads for christmas then.
              I am thinking of using cymbal stands to mount them above tom1 and tom 2.
              Hopefully this should round out the kit nicely giving me a cowbell and china in my normal kit setup.
              An lots of variety in my other setups.
              I appreciate your input and the fact there is this forum to ask these questions to other v drummers in the first place.
              Have a good weekend.
              I am in Australia so the prices here are double what you guys pay, however I like to buy from the local shops, so that if I need support hopefully I can get it.

Have a good weekend.
              Cheers
              sycle1
              NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

What a great idea..I have 1 input open Aux2...got to fill it!!!! Special effects will be perfect there.....Thanks for the idea Sycle.
                Ed
                Edward C. Leinheiser
                V-Session.TD-10/TDW-1,Korg D1200 Digi-Multi-track,lotsa red things to hit!!! KC500 Amp, bad back!

Comment

ebay ebay ebay...................
                  -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Great idea!!!! bye....off to the bay
                    Edward C. Leinheiser
                    V-Session.TD-10/TDW-1,Korg D1200 Digi-Multi-track,lotsa red things to hit!!! KC500 Amp, bad back!

Comment

In a word - YES.

YES (that's affermative - not the band ) - the PD-9's work perfectly with any Roland TD brain. They are a high quality dual triggering device, same as the VCymbals (ride is 3 zone though), and they support positional sensing. Just a differant design. look and feel.

I opted to keep my PD-9s when I upgraded my TD-10 with the TDW-1. I never really liked the feel of the new VCymbals, and have spent too much effort customizing my set up and learning how to optimize my playing style using the rim. Plus I'm too old (and lazy) to re-learn the 3 zone ride. Many orignal owners of the VPro series opted to stay with the PD-9s for various reasons (cost, setup, space in the VPro case, etc.). The TD-10exp has bank selections which optimize a set-up with the PD-9's, or you can assign the PD-9 to what ever trigger input you desire.

I also didn't want to give up my extra Aux 11 input. I have 2 PD-7's mounted side-by side right over my HH which I assign 4 extra sounds to - very useful. I looked at using PD-9's, but at the time the cost and larger size lead me to the PD-7's. Plus, I now have instant back-up if my HH fails.

I'm sorry to hear the PD-9's may be phased out. I routinely rotate my 3 PD-9's to equalize the wear and tear, but time is moving forward. I may need to pick up a few ready spares while the price and availability is still good.
                      Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

FYI: zzounds.com is now offering PD-9s for $89.95

http://www.zzounds.com/searchresults...&w=roland+pd-9
                        Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

Working...
                        X