Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart KS Head Faliure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart KS Head Faliure?

Hi everyone,

I have been having a problem w/ my 12" Hart KS Mesh heads and I wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

I bought 2 of these heads for my DIY set. The heads are great except for the fact that they seem to shift a bit during playing. Aftr a week or two, the metal collar on the head will slip between the drum bearing edge and the hoop. I've tried several different flanged hoops, but I experienced the same problem with both heads on different 12" drums.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I just readjusted them last night and have a weekend full of playing, so I'll let you know if the problem persists. Thanks in advance for your comments!
    V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

I said thanks in advance!!! What else do you guys want??? A dozen roses??? Geeeez!

Comment

I have had similar problems with a Cannon Attack head on a kick drum... It would slip between the hoop and bearing edge....really annoying.

I think that you may have a problem with a head that was manufactured out of tolerance... I am certain that was the problem with the Attack head...

Erik

Comment

Thanks C. Jude and sepdrums. What is most frustrating is that both Hart 12" heads slip through on at least 3 different 12" drums and 6 different hoops. I am sure it is the Hart heads but I would rather not have to buy new heads. Although, that is probably what i will have to do.

I did reseat them Friday evening and played with them all weekend. They did start to slip a little, but some strategic tuning slowed the slippage. Anyway, jus a little frustrated.

I'll try the Hart/Roland 12" hoop idea.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X