Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Zenbal arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Zenbal arrived!

Just got it out of the box. Haven't had a chance to even hook it up yet. This is Pintech's dual-zone, chokeable cymbal. I must admit that pictures of this thing don't do it justice. It's really not a bad looking cymbal. Seems plenty sturdy...I'll get it hooked up this weekend and let you know how it works.
    Tony
    Boom Theory Spacemuffins
    TD6
    HDI Cymbals

Re: Re: My Zenbal arrived!

Originally posted by feefer
    And how many proud new parents have you known who've looked at their newborn baby and admitted, "Gosh, it's rather ugly, isn't it?" They'd probably say stuff like, "pictures don't really do him justice" or "he's really not a bad-looking baby".
    You take a look and tell me it's not the cutest thing
    you ever saw!
    Attached Files
    Boom Theory Spacemuffins
    TD6
    HDI Cymbals

Comment

he's got your eyes.........here,have a cigar man.it's a zenbal.

sidebar:nice use of the word swaddling......
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Originally posted by GRRAVEE
        he's got your eyes.........here,have a cigar man.it's a zenbal.

No, it's more like "He's got your eye"

B.Kidd

Comment

Well, I had some time over the weekend to play with the Zenbal (weird name for a cymbal huh?). It tracks extremely well both rim and bow and chokes easily. The feel is a lot better (livelier, bouncier) than what you get with Pintechs TC series cymbals or the Yamaha PCY80S. Stick noise is a little less too. I've ran it through my DTX mod...haven't had a chance to hook it up to the TD-6 yet. It seems to be a lot hotter than the Yamaha cymbal that was in it's place. I had to decrease the volume and back off the sensitivity a bit. Overall I'm pleased. These cyms are going for $100 at Musiciansfriend.com and I "bought it now" on eBay for $75. Any questions?
          Boom Theory Spacemuffins
          TD6
          HDI Cymbals

Comment

well...

How is the trigger mounted on the double-zone Zenbal? A couple weeks ago I received a couple single-zone Zenbals for my ddrum/Hart kit...a couple of days ago one of the trigger boxes fell off! I had to re-glue it back on . The TC's wisely used allen screws to fasten the trigger box to the cymbal. I guess Pintech was looking for ways to simplify manufacturing and reduce its cost of parts...
            E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
            A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Toeknee, have you ever played any of the Roland CY-xx cymbals for comparison? I'm considering ditching my CY-6's in favor of a couple Zenbals, as I've heard unconfirmed reports that response and playing feel is better on the Zenbals. It'd be nice to hear another opinion.
              kit pr0n.

Comment

Re: well...

Originally posted by Jimmy C
                How is the trigger mounted on the double-zone Zenbal?
                It appears to be glued on...seems sturdy enough. We'll have to see.
                Boom Theory Spacemuffins
                TD6
                HDI Cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by tonycpsu
                  Toeknee, have you ever played any of the Roland CY-xx cymbals for comparison?
                  I've only played the CY6. It was on someone elses kit using a TD-6. Feel-wise I like the Zenbal better. Today I hooked it up to a friends TD-8. We had to play around a bit with the settings (they were set for a Yamaha PCY80S) but it didn't take too long to get it dialed in. Very good dynamics and sensitivity. We were getting a little "chink" sound at the end of the chokes but he was able to fix it by adjusting one of the settings that was apparently too high. So far so good!
                  Boom Theory Spacemuffins
                  TD6
                  HDI Cymbals

Comment

I ditched CY-6's for the Zenbals and I really like them. They are heavier and feel/play more like acoustic. Very responsive to dynamics.
                    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Zenbal e vs CY-6

My CY-6's (purchased with a V-Club kit), failed while just out of warranty. Well, one of them did anyway. With the dreaded "always chocked" failure. Couple this with two KD-7 failures, one in warranty, one just out of warranty, and it's pretty bad. I am hoping to remedy this, before my second CY-6 fails, and get the Zenbal cymbals. Has anyone else had any problems with these, except for the input connector box coming unglued ?
                      TD-6, TD-8, CC101,102, Zenbals, Yamaha DD50, '72 Gremlin, mirror crystal.

Comment

Working...
                      X