Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I been going to Art Verdi's web site,artverdi.com and it's really helping me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I been going to Art Verdi's web site,artverdi.com and it's really helping me

Art Verdi has these videos of his left hand playing these unaccented eighth note triplets to a metronome at speeds over 200. He explains how to hold the stick so you can get more rebound strokes. He also explains the best way to practice left hand finger control with out moving the wrist.

the world's fastest drummer... on the world's slowest webserver

Comment

Burns and Malin "Finger Control", I don't know if its still in print, but it's the book I studied from for 6 years. It's a great book and great for building chops.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

This Verdi has the best chops I've seen in years. WOW,what a left chop! They have a lot of finger control books that are good.

Comment

This site www.artverdi.com can keep a guy there for an hour. Al gives a good explanation of how to hold the stick when preparing to practice the finger technique. Jim Chapin has a good video out for tech.

Comment

Working...
          X