Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help..should i buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help..should i buy??

Doesnt sound bad. I have played Pintech pads with the DTX 2 module.... They respond well, and it has some good sounds. I like the triggering of the TD8 better, but it is not that big of a deal.

Remember a few things...
    Pintech is always upgrading their gear...their newest pads are a different design with a bar across the pad that supports the piezo. It seems to work a bit better. It may be worth contacting the factory in the future to see if you can upgrade the pads....they used to have problems with the piezo popping out of the foam. The new design does not have the piezo located in the foam any more, but actually under the foam on the bar.

I have played the Yamaha cymbals for a few seconds at a NAMM show - I really don't know enough about them to give you advice there.

Anyway - it sounds like a decent deal imo. Best of luck.

Erik
    SEPdrums

Comment

yes it is a good deal and a pretty quiet option for you as well........keep posting and let us know what ya do end up getting.good luck
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Thanks...

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm concerned that the Yamaha dtx 2 module is getting outdated...do I need to worry about this, or will the technology stay current for the next 3-5 years. Is the sound going to be similar to the Roland td-6? I want the best sounding set for the least money..and I don't want to have to put any $ into it for the next two years. Keep those honest opinions coming!! Thanks!

Al

Comment

www.hartdynamics.com gives the yamaha dtx 2 4 out of 5 stars or points or whatever.
          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

My buddy has the original DTX and it still sounds good. A lot of it comes down to the sound system. There are actually sounds in his DTX that I would like to have in the TD-10. If your getting all of that for $1000, I'd say jump on it. A set of that size for under a grand is a killer deal. The nice thing is, you can always add or upgrade and it's a good place to start out if you want to go in that direction.
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X